Featuring 8-bit aesthetics and a chiptune soundtrack, small bros and Retrovibe announced that their MetroidVania B.I.O.T.A. is now in development.
Packed with deadly traps and mutant monsters, players will take control of the Gemini 2 commando team, which has been sent to investigate a mining colony where all communication has ceased.
Choosing from more than eight different heroes, players will take on more than 40 different degenerated monsters that range from mutated hornets to armed shield sentries to lethal-infecting xenoshifters. These heroes have come prepared though; along the way, players will be able to control a submarine, pilot a mech, and even pilot the mythical Pegasus. There are also a number of unlockable weapons and different upgrades that can be found.
Rounding things out is an 8-bit presentation that features more than 60 available 4-color styles. Keeping things modern is a save-anywhere system that alleviates some of the stress.
You can see it in action with the Retrovibe announcement trailer below:
Retrovibe Announcement Trailer
The game will come out for the PC via Steam and GOG.com later this year. In the meantime, you can add it to your Steam wishlist here.
Source: Press Release
The world of Sony Santa Monica and PlayStation Studios’ God of War: Ragnarok will now be released in 2023
Featuring 8-bit aesthetics and a chiptune soundtrack, small bros and Retrovibe announced that their MetroidVania B.I.O.T.A. is now in development
Update 3.5 of Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky, dubbed “Prisms,” will pay host to a range of new technologies and visual features
The world of miHoYo’s Genshin Impact will make its way to the Epic Games Store on June 9, 2023
- Axiom Verge 2 review: a Metroidvania for people who hate the term Metroidvania
- Elderand, Lovecraftian Metroidvania, Announced
- Elderand a Metroidvania Game Announced for Console and PC
- Sega admits it announced new Sonic the Hedgehog game a bit too early
- Best Nintendo Switch Metroidvania Games
- MetroidVania Transiruby Coming This Fall
- Dark Fantasy Metroidvania Ender Lilies Launches On Switch Today
- Quietus of the Knights, Dark Fantasy Metroidvania, Gets Launch Trailer
- Virtual Metroidvania Indie Game Recompile Hacks onto PS5 This August
- FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch is a Metroidvania game coming this year