There’s plenty of great Death Stranding cosplay to go around already, but this new video piece really goes the extra mile by having even the place it was shot look just like the game’s desolate future America.
This is Japanese cosplayer Raxy, someone who specialises in being Sam Bridges, and who through the course of this video manages an outfit change, a lot of walking, miles and miles of package delivery and even some cutscene action towards the end.
The video was made by Rescue The Princess!, whose work we’ve featured here before, and as I’ve alluded to already what helps take some great cosplay and make it even better here is the choice of location for this shoot.
The whole video was shot on the island of Oshima, which lies just off the coast of Japan, near Tokyo. While around 8000 people live on Oshima, it’s basically just a volcano sticking out of the ocean, and with two eruptions having taken place in the last 60 years, that’s had an effect on the surrounding countryside.
The black, ashy soil and limited vegetation (beyond loads of lush green grass) is a dead ringer for Death Stranding’s apocalyptic environments, and really helps take this whole thing to another level. Even the beach looks spot-on.
Oh, and before we go, I had to visit Oshima’s Wikipedia page to get its population figure, and while there saw that Pokémon’s Cinnabar Island is based on Oshima, so there you go!
It’s fitting that in a year where traditional shoots and shows are going to be off the table, one of our first features is a very lonely, very wonderful collection of Death Stranding cosplay.
An official tie-in jacket between Death Stranding and techwear label Acronym went on sale today for €1,750/$1,900, and even at that price, they sold out almost instantly.
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut video shows off some of the game’s extra content
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut Announced
- (For Southeast Asia) Death Stranding Director’s Cut launches on PS5 September 24, 2022 – PlayStation.Blog
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut launches on PS5 September 24, 2022 – PlayStation.Blog
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut brings expanded combat and new content to PS5 in September
- Death Stranding has sold five million copies on PS4 and PC
- Death Stranding has sold 5 million copies so far
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut For PS5 Might Make Life Too Easy
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut – 10 New Features You Need to Know
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut Shows PS5 Features in State of Play Trailer