Innersloth has released a new update for Among Us that features larger player lobbies as well as controller support on the mobile version. The update is available now on iOS and Android.
This new update expands the player lobbies from ten players to 15, allowing bigger parties in to play the deduction-based whodunnit. This also means new player colours have arrived too, with the new ones being Tan, Maroon, Gray, Rose, Banana, Coral. It also includes a new kill screen menu.
? JUNE 15: 15 PLAYER LOBBIES ?
one of our updates is coming SUPER soon, featuring:
– 15 players
– the new colors & kill screen menu
– mobile controller support
– horn honking on the Airship 🙂
AND the game will be coming to Xbox consoles this year ???? #XboxBethesda pic.twitter.com/f3PPIT8gmh
— Among Us ? 15 players on June 15!! (@AmongUsGame) June 13, 2023
Meanwhile, the game also now has mobile controller support. This means you can connect up your gamepad of choice either via a wired connection or by Bluetooth, and start playing that way as opposed to using your hands. This makes the game more accessible by allowing people to play however they want.
The developers had previously teased Among Us would be getting larger player lobbies a few months ago, but it was only at the Xbox and Bethesda E3 press conference that provided us with a release date for it.
Last week, Innersloth also revealed a roadmap of other new content coming to Among Us. This includes visor cosmetics, achievements, and a hide and seek mode. Fans of the game had already created an unofficial Hide and Seek mode to play during regular games, so this is a nice way of seeing the developers implement it officially.
Cross-platform integration is also being expanded to include account linking, allowing your save data and cosmetics to carry over between all platforms you play Among Us on.
Check out our growing collection of
Among Us news stories!
Latest Articles | Pocket Gamer
- Among Us update coming on June 15 with 15 player lobbies and more
- Private lobbies for all Apex Legends players are “still in development”
- Among Us reveals content roadmap with new map, player count increase, and more | Articles
- PUBG Mobile controller – can you use one? | Articles
- This week’s Black Ops Cold War update added PS5 DualSense Controller support for PC
- Random: New Pokémon Snap Player Builds Their Own Gyro Camera Controller
- Black Desert Mobile adds an acrobatic flair with new Lahn and Crimson Lily class | Articles
- Biomutant’s most significant patch yet increases level cap and adds scrap from loot screen, among many other changes • Eurogamer.net
- The Red Bull Mobile Esports Open tournament returns for a fourth season with a focus on Wild Rift and PUBG Mobile | Articles
- Beta PS5 Update Adds M.2 SSD Support, 3D Audio Sound For TV Speakers, New Trophy Trackers, And More