Ubisoft announced that more content is destined slated for addition to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. At its E3 2023 livestream event Ubisoft Forward, the company committed to supporting the game with additional content for an additional year. This is the first time additional content support has been extended for an Assassin’s Creed title. Previous titles like Odyssey or Origins received a year’s worth of content before development moved on. A new DLC expansion pack for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, titled The Siege of Paris, was promised, alongside a new free Discovery Mode exploration feature.
Check out the video aired during the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla portion of Ubisoft’s presentation.
Via Senior Community Developer Karen Lee, Ubisoft also took the opportunity to thank players. The message touted Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as the biggest launch in the series to date. Since the game’s November 2023 release, players have led over 300 million Viking raids and constructed more than 100 million buildings for their settlements. Free updates, like limited-time events, quests, and new game modes have been added as well. In addition to bug and issue fixes, community-requested features like one-handed swords are on the docket for the game.
While the first expansion pack for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Wrath of the Druids, released recently, a second one will release Summer 2023. Siege of Paris will be based on large-scale Viking attacks on the city of Paris carried out during the 9th century. Vikings under the leaders Ragnar and alter Rollo led armies to sack the city several times throughout the period covered by the game. Ubisoft calls it “The most ambitious battle in Viking history.” The expansion will challenge players to form alliances to secure their clan’s future in the Kingdom for Frankia.
Like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins, Valhalla will also receive a “Discovery Tour” exploration mode in Fall 2023. Discovery Tour modes are combat-free modes that use the in-game map and assets to allow players to explore each game’s historical background. Separate from the fictionalized portions of the game story, Discovery Tours are treated as an educational “virtual museum” experience. Valhalla‘s Discovery Tour promises some new mechanics, such as “[playing] as people during the time of Vikings.” The Discovery Tour will be distributed for free to all owners of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is immediately available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Google Stadia.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla getting a second year of content and Discovery Tour
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Will Get a Second Year of Content and Discovery Tour
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Discovery Tour is free and out this autumn
- This week in PC Gaming: Button City, Assassins Creed Valhalla DLC, and Free Guy
- Mario Kart Tour’s next tour is the Kamek Tour featuring Kamek
- Next stop on Mario Kart Tour isn’t a new location, but it’s the new Mario vs. Peach Tour
- Nintendo Is Adding A New Driver To Its Mobile Game Mario Kart Tour
- Mario Kart Tour gearing up for new Sydney Tour
- Nintendo Is Adding Another GBA Course To Mario Kart Tour
- Fortnite Rift Tour times and how to watch The Rift Tour concert