Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix dropped a detailed video about Marvel’s Avengers’ War for Wakanda expansion during a livestream on Monday. The new War Table presentation gives players a look at what Black Panther can do in Marvel’s Avengers.
T’Challa will finally become a playable character in Marvel’s Avengers on Aug. 17, bringing the roster of playable heroes to nine. Black Panther is a melee-based character and can double jump to help him traverse the environment quickly. Unlike Kate Bishop and Clint Barton — who shared some baseline gameplay similarities — Black Panther is a completely unique hero.
Black Panther can use his Intrinsic meter to store kinetic energy, which he can use to fuel a “percussive blast” around him. This blast knocks enemies away from T’Challa and boosts his melee damage. Black Panther can also pounce on his enemies, slashing at them and keeping them locked down.
Like all heroes in Marvel’s Avengers, Black Panther has a ranged attack. T’Challa can throw daggers at enemies, which embed in foes and cause them to take increased melee damage for a short time.
One of Black Panther’s abilities lets him throw Kimoyo Beads, which can either heal allies or harm enemies. Black Panther’s assault ability is King’s Mercy. When activated, T’Challa will create and throw a spear at enemies. This pins foes to wall by default, but players can customize the move to explode on impact and more. And finally, Black Panther can summon Bast, the spirit of the panther god, to help fight for him.
War for Wakanda will also include the country of Wakanda as a new mission biome, and players can explore Black Panther’s palace as a new Outpost. Alongside the new content in War for Wakanda, players will notice UI improvements and other game changes. For example, players can now change their characters skills, armor, and cosmetics via a single menu.
War for Wakanda is free for all players who own Marvel’s Avengers, but Crystal Dynamics will offer multiple new hero skins, including 40 outfits for Black Panther. If Marvel’s Avengers’ other heroes are any indication, some of these outfits will be earnable in game, while others will cost real money.
Marvel’s Avengers’ War for Wakanda expansion will go live on Aug. 17 at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT.
Polygon – All
- Valorant New Agent Abilities Revealed: Episode 3, Release Date
- Valorant’s Newest Agent, KAY/O, Revealed Alongside New Trailer Showcasing Explosive Abilities
- Genshin Impact – Update 2.1 is Now Available, Raiden Shogun’s Abilities Detailed in New Video
- God of War’s Kratos Voices Black Panther In Marvel’s Avengers New DLC
- Electro Traveler gameplay video and abilities leaked
- God of War actor will lend his voice to Black Panther in Marvel’s Avengers
- A Deep Dive Into Black Panther’s Debut In Marvel’s Avengers
- Marvel’s Avengers’ Black Panther, Christopher Judge, talks legacy
- Marvel’s Avengers’ Red Room Takeover Prepares You for Black Widow
- Marvel’s Avengers removes Denuvo and nerfs ridiculous Black Panther exploit