Cross-Play Beta is coming to Overwatch, allowing players to group up and play together. Powered by the latest global Battle.net update, players from around the world can team up, regardless of their preferred platform. The global Battle.net updates merges friends lists from different territories into one, so players no longer need to switch regions in Battle.net just to play with buddies on the other side of the planet.
For the release of cross-play, all players will need to make a Battle.net account and link their appropriate console accounts. Everyone who follows the steps below and logs in to Overwatch by Dec. 31, 2023 will receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate the launch of Cross-Play Beta. The Overwatch Cross-Play Beta officially launches soon on PC, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and Xbox.
Source: Activision Blizzard
My Nintendo News
- Rainbow Six Siege is finally getting cross-play and cross-progression
- Cross-Play Is Coming To Overwatch
- Overwatch is getting cross-play | PCGamesN
- Overwatch Cross-Play Beta Announced – Game Informer
- Overwatch is getting cross-play between Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and PC “soon” • Eurogamer.net
- Blizzard Says Overwatch Cross-Play is on the Way
- Overwatch cross-play beta now live
- Cross-play and cross-progression in the works for Battlefield 2042, to be tested in tech test
- Warframe will get cross-play and cross-save later this year
- Battlefield 2042 cross-play, cross-progression confirmed, beta test delayed