It’s time for yet another Destiny 2 hotfix, as 22.214.171.124 has touched down. The game has been updated to feature a host of changes and bug fixes that are sure to get the blood pumping. Okay, well, not sure, but you get what I mean. The hotfix for Destiny 2 also adds cross-play voice chat, at last.
As for those changes, first off there are some fixes for seasonal activities. In regards to Astral Alignment, there was a problem where the Ether Collection encounter could soft lock when all of the Ether Wisps were killed. Additionally, if players left an activity while carrying certain objects, that too could soft lock the encounter. Soft locks for days.
Then there’s a fix for the Vault of Glass, where Atheon would occasionally summon an invisible barrier that made it impossible to get in. Kinda need to go that way, Atheon, so you’re this close. The patch has several fixes for the game’s UI. Players should now be able to discard Solstice key fragments without issue, and can even dismantle entire stacks of them from their inventory screen. And you know how Bungie friend toasts would play before character selection? Not anymore, they don’t. Speaking of friends, it wasn’t always clear when you’ve blocked a player on some Roster screens. That should now be a thing of the past.
Destiny 2 hotfix 126.96.36.199 brings a host of fresh changes
Additional changes have been made to armor, weapons, and abilities as well. For instance, some players weren’t able to change the armor energy of Lucky Pants, which has been fixed. What a great sentence. In a highly welcome move, cross-play voice chat has been enabled in Destiny 2, so you can now trash talk people playing the game on their feeble consoles as your superior framerates and mouse aiming. Or not, as this is mostly a co-op romp. However, there are some issues that may affect certain Xbox players. Head on over to the official site to see the full changelist. Or don’t. I’m a writer, not a cop.
PC Invasion – FeedDDD
- New Destiny 2 Update Adds Cross-Play Voice Chat
- Destiny 2 now has crossplay voice chat
- Halo Voice Man Jeff Steitzer Performs Destiny 2 Voice Lines As Shaxx And Lord Salad Fingers (Saladin)
- Cross-play and cross-progression in the works for Battlefield 2042, to be tested in tech test
- Warframe will get cross-play and cross-save later this year
- Rainbow Six Siege is finally getting cross-play and cross-progression
- Flight Simulator supports 30fps, cross-save, and cross-play on Xbox Series X/S • Eurogamer.net
- Battlefield 2042 Cross-Play and Cross-Progression Confirmed
- Warframe adding cross-play and cross-save functionality
- Warframe players will get cross-play and cross-save later this year • Eurogamer.net