Activation Blizzard have finally unveiled a release date for their upcoming Diablo II remaster and it’s coming to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms on 23rd September. To accompany news of the release date, the company also shared a new video giving potential customers a look at the remaster, which is titled Diablo II: Resurrected. Check it out in the tweet below!
“Diablo II: Resurrected takes the 2D sprite-based classic and brings it into the present with full 3D physically-based rendering, dynamic lighting, revamped animations and spell effects All 27 minutes of the game’s classic cinematics, chronicling the journey of the mysterious Dark Wanderer, are being remade—shot for shot—from the ground up. The nightmarish sounds of Sanctuary and its memorable soundtrack have also been reinvigorated to support Dolby 7.1 surround sound. By leveling up the game’s audio and visual capabilities, Diablo II: Resurrected will showcase the depth of gameplay and hallmark designs that continue to entertain players around the world to this day.
“Diablo II was a pivotal game for Blizzard and millions of players around the world. With Diablo II: Resurrected, we’re excited to bring this classic back to PC and also to consoles—with cross-progression on supported platforms—so that players can relive their memories, or experience Diablo II’s timeless gameplay for the first time, on their platform of choice,” said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “With the new high-resolution audio and video in Diablo II: Resurrected, the game is as fun and engrossing today as it was twenty years ago.”
For those who would prefer a more nostalgic experience, players will be able to freely switch back-and-forth between the modern graphics and the original experience at any time with the press of a button. While Diablo II: Resurrected may look like an all-new game, Diablo II’s signature gameplay and systems are completely intact, quirks and all, adding a few highly requested quality of life improvements, such as a shared stash.
Diablo II: Resurrected features seven highly customizable character classes for players to choose from—the Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin, and Sorceress from the core game, as well as the Assassin and Druid from the included Lord of Destruction expansion. Players will be able to make each character their own by selecting skills and talent builds, crafting and socketing items, collecting complete gear sets, acquiring unique arms and armor, assembling Rune Word combinations, and much more.
Diablo II: Resurrected is an all-inclusive package containing a lifetime of adventures. It will take players to the deadly world of Sanctuary, where they will face Diablo, the Lord of Terror, and the forces of Hell through all four thrilling Acts of the original Diablo II campaign. They’ll meet beloved mentor and scholar Deckard Cain, fight alongside the Archangel Tyrael, and encounter other pantheonic characters who have become an indelible part of gaming history. This edition also includes all of the content from the Lord of Destruction expansion, with the journey continuing into Act V, where players will brave the dangers of Mount Arreat before facing Baal, the eponymous Lord of Destruction.”
My Nintendo News
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Launches September 23rd 2023; Pre-Order Details
- Diablo II: Resurrected Unleashes Hell On Switch This September
- Top 5 Upcoming RPGs Of September 2023 (Diablo II Resurrected, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, New World and More!)
- Diablo II: Resurrected Shares Changes Coming Out Of The Technical Alpha
- NEO 2045, the kid-friendly MMO, is launching on September 23rd for iOS and Android devices | Articles
- Diablo II: Resurrected Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- Diablo 2: Resurrected – Release date, alpha, and everything new in the remaster
- Top RPG News Of The Week: August 8th (Elden Ring, Diablo 2 Resurrected, New World and More!)
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta – Everything We Know About The Early Access Beta and Open Beta
- Diablo 2 Resurrected classes and best character builds