To get ready for Nintendo’s E3 presentation, you might have poured yourself a beverage, grabbed a snack, and got comfy. Cosplayer Bonbon, it seems, donned a Varia Power Suit.
Nintendo announced a brand new side-scrolling Metroid game, the fifth mainline entry. Called Metroid Dread, this is the first new 2D Metroid in 19 years and is a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion (aka Metroid 4), which was released on the Game Boy Advance in 2002. Can you believe that much time has passed? Maybe you can!
Dread is a traditional Metroid game but with new flourishes that aim to please long-time fans but also welcome those new to the series.
People are understandably excited! Especially Metroid diehard fans and cosplayers.
In the reaction video, Bonbon does a good job of conveying said excitement while fully ensconced in the suit. Onscreen text like “Really?”, “My heart is racing,” and “It’s good to be alive!” also do a nice job of conveying further emotion. Bonbon even suggested everyone pre-order. (Don’t ever pre-order – Ed.)
Have a look at the clip below.
I am all about cosplayers being delighted by announcements and uploading reaction videos. Just look at how much effort is required for Bonbon to transform into Samus!
See? Not easy!
Before the presentation began, Nintendo’s Japanese Twitter account announced that it was asking fans to refrain from co-streaming the presentation. Instead, Youtubers, Twitch creators, and more were to upload any reaction clips later. (Twitch ultimately refrained from airing the presentation because its creators could not co-stream.) Here, I think this reaction video was improved by uploading after the presentation ended because Bonbon could go back and add text—very important if you’ve got a helmet on and it might be hard to fully express oneself!
- Metroid Dread “Another Glimpse of Dread” Trailer Released
- This Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Cosplayer Shares Stunning Urbosa Cosplay
- This Destiny 2 Cosplayer Shares Her Titan Cosplay That Would Have Shaxx Cheering ‘YESSSSSSSSS’
- This Mass Effect Cosplayer Brings Her Miranda And EDI Cosplays To Life In The Best Way
- This Borderlands Cosplayer Brings “The Fall Of Handsome Jack” To Life In Incredible Cosplay
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Metroid Dread
- 10 Things We’ve Learned About Metroid Dread
- Talking Point: Why Metroid Dread Will Be Worth $60
- Metroid Dread Preview – A Fusion Follow-Up Two Decades Later
- Where To Pre-Order Metroid Dread Standard and Special Editions