The GamesIndustry.biz team gather around their mics to discuss the oncoming storm that is E3 2023.
This year’s show will be, to say the least, unusual. In the absence of a physical event, the ESA has endeavoured to get as many of the usual publishers and platform holders on board as it can.
Some of the outliers — such as Ubisoft — are hosting their own digital events independently of E3, but still running them within the usual window in order to capitalise on the interest around video games announcements. And then there’s Summer Games Fest, Geoff Keighley’s attempt to bring E3 and all related-but-not-related events under one umbrella.
There’s also the ever-present shadow of the coronavirus pandemic, and the fact it’s almost impossible to know what impact lockdowns and remote working have had on planned game announcements, even after a year of adapting to these new circumstances.
In the face of all this, we discuss what we expect from each of the major platform holders, as well as some of the biggest publishers. We ponder the plausibility of recent rumours and leaks, and inevitably once again discuss what the future holds for E3 in an age when companies can just broadcast their big news to consumers directly.
We’ve got plenty planned for the coming weeks, so keep your eye on GamesIndustry.biz and the podcasting platform of your choice for more of our E3 2023 coverage.
You can listen to our latest episode in the player above, subscribe to our directly here. It is also available via Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, Player FM, TuneIn and other widely-used podcast platforms.
We’ve also been releasing audio versions of the best GI Live: Online sessions, the most recent of which can be found here.
- Chivalry 2’s day one player count “has exceeded even our highest expectations”
- Legendary Edition Said To Have Performed Beyond Expectations
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition sales "well above expectations"
- Square Enix praises Outriders Game Pass launch, says player numbers exceeded expectations
- 10 Open World Games That RUINED EXPECTATIONS
- Rift Apart and MLB The Show 21 Exceeded Expectations; Sony Comments on Acquisitions
- Legendary Edition Sold "Well Above Expectations" & Reignited The Passion of Fans According to EA
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Does "Well Above Expectations" in Sales
- Podcast: Let's get physical, with Iam8bit | GI Live Online
- VG247's Definitely Not a Podcast Video Chat - Mario Golf, Chivalry 2, Scarlet Nexus, and Pokemon Cards