After more than two years of development and open betas, Tribes of Midgard has its axes set upon a solid release date. The 10-player co-op survival game sets players against beasts of Norse mythology, all the while staving off attacks from massive Jötnar. Earlier this week, we also got a new gameplay trailer that showed some peaceful scenes — at least for a short while before the monsters arrived. Tribes of Midgard will launch for PC via Steam on July 27.
I do wonder what’s more difficult: facing off against angry giants, or getting nine other people to play a co-op game with you. Frankly, my money is on the latter. Of course, I also blame the fact that I’m in my 30s and the only time I see that many people gathered in one place is during funerals. Well, before this gets too dark, let’s dive into the game.
If you manage to get everyone together for a 10-player Viking shindig, you’ll find plenty on offer. Tribes of Midgard challenges you and your allies to survive its the harsh, sometimes frozen Nordic world full of hazards. You hunt together, discover loot, gather resources, and build defenses against enemies. Regular monsters, based in Nordic mythology, roam the lands. However, it’s the Jötnar, or giants, you really have to watch out for.
These giants seem a bit angry about something
The primary goal you and your allies have is to protect the seed of Yggdrasil, the world tree. Failure to do so brings on Ragnarök, the end of the world. So, naturally, the monsters want to do just that. As night falls, your camp is beset by dark creatures that try to destroy the seed. Worst of all are the giants, which can use elemental powers of wind, ice, or fire.
Tribes of Midgard will launch for PC on July 27, and you can check out more on Steam today.
PC Invasion – FeedDDD
- Tribes of Midgard Surpasses the 250K Player Mark With 40K Giants Defeated Within its First Week
- Tribes of Midgard Shift Codes: All working Midgard codes
- Enter the world of Norsfell’s Tribes of Midgard, a co-op action RPG launching July 27 – PlayStation.Blog
- Promising Action RPG Tribes of Midgard Lands on PS5, PS4 in July
- Tribes of Midgard Launch Trailer Preps for Ragnarok
- Tribes of Midgard Review Impressions: A Refreshingly Chaotic Survival ARPG
- Tribes of Midgard solo: Is it playable alone?
- Tribes of Midgard Beginner’s Guide: 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Played
- Tribes of Midgard Review – The Final Verdict
- Tribes of Midgard Golden Egg rune guide