Was Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin not edgy enough for you? How about Soulstice, then, a new fantasy RPG from publisher Modus Games and developer Reply Game Studios. The game’s scheduled to release next year on PlayStation 5, and will feature two sisters – one turned into a ghoul, we should add – with superhuman strength and mystical powers. Stefanie Joosten of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain fame will provide the voices.
“Manage both characters simultaneously,” the blurb reads. “Briar masters melee attacks and combos, while Lute controls the battlefield with her otherworldly abilities. Combine their strengths to unlock powerful transformations and fulfil their true potential as a Chimera.” It actually looks and sounds pretty good – there’s a gameplay trailer embedded above.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Soulstice gameplay trailer is giving me some serious Berserk vibes
- New Gameplay Trailer for Soulstice Revealed at Future Games Show
- Cancelled Game Boy Color RPG Infinity Goes Live On Kickstarter Next Week
- Final Fantasy Origin’s character design goes full normie
- Final Fantasy XIV goes down for a nine-hour hotfix tonight
- Battlefield 2042 Goes Near Future on PS5 and PS4, Out in October
- Top RPG News Of The Week: May 23rd (Starfield, FFXIV Endwalker, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade and More!)
- Top RPG News Of The Week: July 18th (Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Path of Exile, Persona and More!)
- The Wayward Realms is an Open World Fantasy RPG Made by Former Elder Scrolls Leads
- Rumour: Nioh Developer Working with Square Enix on An Action-RPG Final Fantasy Spinoff