This story is part of a group of stories called
E3 2024 takes place June 12-15 as a re-imagined, all-virtual online event. Nintendo, Xbox, Bethesda, Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Ubisoft, Capcom, and others will deliver new video game announcements, trailers, release dates, and more.
Far: Changing Tides is the next game from Okomotive, a small independent studio out of Switzerland. The sequel to Far: Lone Sails, the award-winning game released in 2018, the game was announced Sunday as part of the PC Gaming Show. It will be published by Frontier Foundry, the new publishing arm of Frontier Developments (Elite Dangerous, Jurassic World Evolution).
Where Lone Sails asked players to navigate a sailing ship across a a long, dry expanse of land, Changing Tides takes place on the sea. Players will take control of a hero named Toe and must help them as they make their way through a drowning landscape. Players should expect a “meditative side scrolling” game with a “haunting soundtrack,” according to a news release.
Far: Changing Tides will launch later this year for PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X. It will also be available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Fans can currently add the game to their wishlist on Steam.
Polygon – All
- FAR: Changing Tides is a post-apocalyptic vehicle adventure game coming later this year | Articles
- In Far: Changing Tides your ramshackle sailboat transforms into a sweet submarine
- Presenting Far: Changing Tides – Xbox Wire
- App Army Assemble: Huntdown – Does the critically acclaimed side-scrolling shooter translate well to mobile? | Articles
- Trek to Yomi Is Like Side-Scrolling Ghost of Tsushima, Coming to PS5 in 2024
- There’s bone-crunching combat and flying kicks in this side-scrolling Viking revenge saga
- Lifeslide, the Apple Arcade meditative paper plane experience, comes to Steam this week with a demo | Articles
- Jigsaw Puzzle adds Disney characters and iconic moments to the puzzle game in its latest event | Articles
- Restore the Missing Colors in the Surreal Puzzle Adventure Game Discolored
- First-person puzzle-adventure game Discolored heading to Switch in July