Five-time EVO champion SonicFox now has their own plushie. “This furry gremlin has been signed off by SonicFox to officially fuck shit up,” says the merch store for Evil Geniuses, SonicFox’s club since last spring.
The plushie is 10 by 11 by 4 inches, 100% polyester, and “Modeled after the ‘Defender of Trans Rights’ themselves,” says the plushie’s product page. “The community begged for it; SonicFox listened.” And that, as they say, is that.
SonicFox (real name Dominique McLean) was named Esports Player of the Year at The Game Awards 2018. In 2019, after coming out as non-binary, their 72-hour Mortal Kombat livestream raised $22,000 for The Trevor Project, a national advocacy organization focusing on LGBTQ persons under age 25. Active since 2013, SonicFox joined Evil Geniuses in March 2023, shortly after winning Mortal Kombat Final Kombat 20.
Most recently SonicFox took first place and a $15,000 prize in WePlay Esports Ultimate Fighting League’s Mortal Kombat 11 tournament, a Tier 1 event held in March. They prevailed 5-4 and 5-1 in the grand final using The Joker against Sayed “Tekken Master” Hashim Ahmed, playing as Cetrion.
Polygon – All
- Fighting Game Glossary is an elegant guide to fighting game terminology
- Fuga: Melodies Of Steel Review In Progress: Furry Strategy RPG
- Chivalry 2 Developers Share Their Favorite Map
- 10 Retro Indie Games To Evoke Your Favorite Games Of The Past
- Video: Are 2D Games Worth $60? Jon, Alex And Zion Share Their Own Thoughts
- An Emil Head Plush Replica Will Appear in 2023
- Life-Sized Slowpoke Plush Available to Pre-Order in Japan
- K.K. Slider is the Next Build-a-Bear Animal Crossing Plush
- Amazing Pokémon Center Reviews For Giant Farfetch’d Leek Plush
- Pokemon Center Online Lists New Oversized Piplup Plush