Though some gaming events are tentatively re-opening to the public, Gamescom is going digital once again in 2022. As was the case last year, the event will have multiple live streams, though details are still emerging beyond the major broadcasts.
Though Nintendo isn’t in ‘attendance’ and doesn’t seem to have any specific plans, a number of big publishers will be making an appearance; here’s hoping for some Switch game details to emerge.
Below we’ve collected all of the details for this year’s event in this Gamescome 2022 guide, including dates, event times and how you go about participating. This guide will be updated as and when new information comes to light, so be sure to check back for more info as we get it.
The main event will undoubtedly be the Opening Night Live, and so far a couple of other major streams have been confirmed. More small presentations are likely to be confirmed closer to the show’s opening.
|Gamescom Opening Night Live||25th August 2022||11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 7pm UK / 8pm CET|
|Future Games Show||26th August 2022||1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern / 9pm UK / 10pm CET|
|Gamescom Awesome Indies||TBC||TBC|
A live two hour showcase
Though not linked to Nintendo, it’s worth noting that Xbox also has a showcase airing on 24th August at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 6pm UK / 7pm CET.
Gamescom 2022 is running over three days, from Wednesday 25th August to Friday 27th August 2022.
A host of game publishers have committed to presenting at Gamescom, likely with games in the major showcases along with smaller streamed shows that are still to be confirmed.
- 505 Games
- All in! Games
- Assemble Entertainment
- astragon Entertainment
- Bandai Namco
- COM2US Europe
- Ford Motor Company
- Goblinz Studio
- Green Man Gaming Publishing
- Indie Arena Booth
- Koch Media
- Marmalade Game Studio
- META Publishing
- Modern Wolf
- Modus Games
- NExT Studios
- Pearl Abyss Corp
- Volkswagon AG
- Whisper Interactive (XiamenX) Ltd
- Yooreka Studio
Gamescom has an official Twitch channel (below), while the Opening Event will also be on Geoff Keighley’s Game Awards channel; meanwhile the Future Games Show will be on the GamesRadar channels.
Though it is yet to fully launch with the event still a few weeks away, the ‘Gamescom Now’ online hub will feature all of the presentations and interactive elements. You can see its official page here.
What is Gamescom?
Gamescom takes place (outside of digital-only years) in Cologne, Germany. In terms of visitor numbers and site space it is the biggest gaming expo in the world.
The show made its debut in 2009, with steadily growing attendances each year. The ‘Opening Night’ showcase made its debut in 2019 and, in the digital only expos of 2022 and this year, is undoubtedly the central event.
Let us know below if you’ve got any other questions and we’ll endeavour to update this guide with answers. Otherwise, let us know if you’re excited for Gamescom 2022 below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Dates, Conference Times, How To Watch, Badges, Everything You Need To Know
- Summer Game Fest: Dates, Conference Times, How To Watch, Everything You Need To Know
- Destiny 2 lore guide: Everything you need to know about Mithrax, our newest Fallen ally
- Hades Guide: How to Play and Everything You Need to Know
- Resident Evil Full Story – EVERYTHING You Need To Know Before You Play Resident Evil Village
- Metroid Dread trailer tells you everything you need to know
- E3 2022 Timetable: Dates and Times for All Events, Press Conferences, and Live Streams – Guide
- Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5, PS4 Alpha Test – Dates, Times, and How to Play – Guide
- Call of Duty: Vanguard PS5, PS4 Beta Test – Dates, Times, and How to Play – Guide
- Here’s Where You Can Watch Ubisoft’s E3 2022 Press Conference