If you’re like me and hate golf but love golf video games, then Golf Club Wasteland might be worth a look when it releases in a couple of months.
Set in a future where all human life on Earth has been wiped out, the planet is now one big golf course for the surviving rich, and you play one guy, Charley, who is taking a run at the “course” with his club, hazmat suit and jetpack.
It’s a 2D golf game in the style of Desert Golf/Golf on Mars, and the ultimate goal of each level is to get the ball in the hole, but stages will be full of platforming puzzles as well, as you have to whack doors and power buttons to progress.
There’s also a story, though, with each stage serving as an arc in a narrative that explores the downfall of man, and the game’s story mode designed for the “casual player looking for a scenic round of golf and to absorb the story of this dead Earth”.
In addition to the story mode, which will just let you whack the ball around and enjoy the sights, there are two further difficulty options presenting more golf-like challenges like par.
Golf Club Wasteland is coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch in August.
- Hit The Post-Apocalyptic Links In Golf Club Wasteland On September 3
- Golf Club: Wasteland is a Post-Apocalyptic Golfing Game with Cozy Chill Vibes
- Golf Club Wasteland – New Gameplay Today
- Golf Club: Wasteland Gameplay Trailer Released
- Golf Club: Wasteland story trailer
- Golf Club: Wasteland Comes With A 2-Hour Soundtrack And A 55-Page Graphic Novel
- Golf Club: Wasteland Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- Golf Club Wasteland Review (PS4)
- Golf Club: Wasteland Is Now Available For Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- Golf Club: Wasteland launch trailer