There are an awful lot of free games floating around there right now, from Epic’s weekly freebies to publisher promos on Steam, GOG sale giveaways, and more. Keeping track of them all can be tough, and you might be missing out.
That is not an acceptable state of affairs, so we’ve put together this running list of every free game that crosses our screens. The goal is to help you find and claim games that usually cost money, so free-to-keep and temporary promotions will be included and noted as such, but free-to-play games and others that are normally free won’t be—for that, be sure to take a look at our categorized breakdown of the best free PC games.
Now let’s get started:
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint – The latest free weekend offers unlimited access to Ubisoft’s co-op military FPS, which has come a long way from its very rough release. As always, any progress you earn will carry over to the full game if you purchase it. (Ubisoft, ends May 30)
- Chivalry 2 – Bonk heads with very large hammers (or whatever medieval weapon you fancy) in the Chivalry 2 open beta. (Epic Games Store, ends June 1)
- Knockout City – EA’s 3v3 dodgeball game is celebrating its launch with ten days of free play for everyone. (Multiplatform, ends May 31)
- Star Citizen – It’s another free-fly week in Star Citizen, giving interested but uncommitted pilots the opportunity to take an array of different ships for a spin. (Cloud Imperium Games, ends June 3)
Free to keep:
- Company of Heroes 2 and Ardennes Assault – The hit World War 2 RTS and standalone expansion are free for keeps in conjunction with the Steam Open World Sale, which began today. (Steam, ends May 30)
- Among Us – Innersloth’s hilarious mass murder party game is the latest free “mystery game” to pop up amidst Epic’s ongoing Mega Sale, and if you haven’t already tried it, you really should. (Epic Games Store, ends June 3)
- Sludge Life – Fraser called it a “funky vandalism sim” but you could call this bizarre open-world adventure almost anything. It’s free on the Epic Games Store for a whole year. (Epic Games Store, ends May 29)
The games on Prime Gaming aren’t technically free, since you need to be a subscriber in order to take advantage. But there’s a lot on offer if you are, including in-game loot and starter packs for free-to-play games, so it’s worth keeping tabs on. Prime Gaming is included with Amazon Prime at $13 per month, or $120 per year; links to all included freebies are available at amazon.com.
- Edgar: Bokbok in Boulzac – Explore a strange and comic universe as Edgar, an eccentric outcast living with a chicken in the woods who must venture to the city in the wake of a sudden disaster. (ends May 28)
- Healer’s Quest – A lighthearted Comedy RPG where you take on the role of the most underappreciated party member in any fantasy realm: the Healer. (ends June 1)
- Beholder – You are the State-installed manager of an apartment building in a totalitarian state that controls every aspect of private and public life. Laws are oppressive. Surveillance is total. Privacy is dead. Your daily routine involves making the building a sweet spot for tenants, who will come and go, but your real mission is something very different. (ends June 1)
- The Blind Prophet – Explore the corrupted city of Rotbork and brave the Great Evil that lurks within in this point-and-click narrative-focused adventure game. (ends June 1)
- Yoku’s Island Express – Use a unique blend of pinball mechanics, platforming and open world exploration to unlock the secrets of Mokumana Island, help the locals, awaken ancient deities and much more in this amazing new tropical adventure! (ends June 1)
- A Blind Legend – An audio action-adventure, this technologically and socially innovative serious game is intended both for blind people and for sighted players wanting to discover an original and immersive sensory experience, thanks to 3D sound. It also raises public awareness of visual disability by inviting players to play the role of a blind knight. (ends June 1)
We’ll keep this list as comprehensive as we can, but if you spot something we haven’t, let us know in the comments.
- The Legacy Of Zelda: Seven Games Inspired By Zelda You Can Play Right Now
- Best browser games: Free browser games to play right now
- You can download the 21H1 Windows 10 update right now
- You can download and play a new PES 2022 demo right now
- You can get a Diablo 2: Resurrected beta key by watching Twitch streams right now
- All the best video games being made right now
- Top 10 most popular, free games for iPhone right now | Articles
- Grab the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules for free
- Pokemon Unite: Here is how you can get Zeraora for free | Articles
- Reminder: This Is Your Last Chance to Grab May 2022’s PS Plus Games