PM Studios and Endflame have announced that Ikai, an upcoming first-person horror game, will be spooking a Switch near you this October.
Ikai puts you in the shoes of a “defenceless” main character who’s entirely incapable of attacking the creepy creatures standing in their way. You have no guns, no swords, no Luigi with a vacuum cleaner – it’s just you, them, and no way to fight or run away.
This frightening premise supposedly allows the game to explore “a new sense of horror by making the player face the threats directly by neither fleeing nor attacking.” Liking the sound of it? Well, here’s a feature list for you:
- FEAR: Experience the horror in first-person by the hand of Japanese spirits, monsters, and yokai.
- EXPLORATION: Wander around a feudal Shinto shrine and explore to unveil the story behind Naoko, the main character.
- DRAWING: Concentrate on drawing protective seals over the strange sounds and events happening around.
- PUZZLES: Pit your wits against the several puzzles that will try to stop you
- STEALTH & RUN: Be silent, do not disturb the evil… Or just run, run away from it all, if you can…
As noted above, Ikai launches on Switch – and other platforms, too – this October.
Will you be keeping an eye out for this one when it arrives later this year? There’s no running away from our comment section below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Eerie Psychological Horror Saint Kotar Creeps Its Way Onto PC This October
- Psychological Thriller Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo Coming Later This Year
- Broken Pieces Coming in Q2 2023 – Psychological Thriller Channels Silent Hill
- Lovecraftian Survival Horror Game Song of Horror is Available Now
- First-person survival horror game Horror Tales: The Wine coming to Switch next week
- Inscryption is a Twisted New Horror Deck-Builder, Launching Later This Year
- Bringing Horror to History in The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
- Alan Wake Remastered Launching on October 5 – Rumour
- Age of Empires IV Launching October 28 on PC with Xbox Game Pass, Available for Pre-order Now
- Disciples: Liberation Announced to be Launching on October 21st