Despite pumping out a new character trailer what feels like every other day, King of Fighters XV will not hit its targeted 2023 release window, developer SNK has confirmed. The PlayStation 4 brawler didn’t actually have a confirmed date, but having been announced all the way back in 2019, it didn’t necessarily look like a hefty delay was on the cards.
King of Fighters XV will now launch in the first quarter of 2023, according to producer Yasuyuki Oda. In an official statement, Oda writes: “The development timeline we set out to reach in the beginning has been affected by the ever-still rising cases of COVID-19 within Japan. We have made the ultimate decision in the end that the product’s quality must come first, and so with that decision comes an altered release window.”
“We sincerely ask for your kind patience and understanding as our development teams continue to work hard on KOF XV as we draw closer to its release,” the post concludes.
A shame, but totally understandable. Hopefully King of Fighters XV delivers a knockout blow when it does eventually release next year. At least in the meantime, we’ve got the freshly launched Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and the upcoming Guilty Gear Strive to satisfy our combo-hungry brains.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- The King of Fighters XV Reveals Playable King of Dinosaurs With New Trailer & Screenshots
- The King of Fighters XV launches for PC early next year
- King of Fighters XV delay announced, pushing the game to 2023
- King of Fighters 15 out February 2023 • Eurogamer.net
- King of Fighters 15 launches February 2023, coming to PlayStation, Xbox and PC
- King of Fighters 15, Atlus, Arc System Works and more confirmed for Tokyo Game Show 2023
- The Waylanders Delayed to Fall 2023; Early Access Summer 2023 Roadmap Revealed
- New The King of Fighters XV Trailer Is All About the Story
- Dead or Alive 6 Collaboration Begins in The King of Fighters Allstar
- King of Fighters ALLSTAR releases Special Signature Kyo and Iori in the latest update | Articles