Kojima Productions revealed a new set of jackets, sweatshirts, and bags from the apparel brand GU. The items will go on sale in Japanese stores on September 27, 2022.
The item lineup will consist of military blousons, padded shirt jackets, parkas, and pullover jackets. GU will also sell minibags, tote bags, and sets of sweatshirts and sweatpants. The bags will be available at 2,490 yen (~$23), while the jackets will range from 2,690 yen (~$24.5) to 3,990 yen (~$36).
Hideo Kojima posted photos of himself and Yoji Shinkawa posing with the Kojima Productions jackets and bags on his Japanese Twitter account. Kojima added on the tweet that he and Shinkawa are both wearing M-sized jackets.
GU has also published a trailer showcasing the Kojima Productions apparel on its official YouTube channel. Hideo Kojima revealed in the trailer that the apparel brand approached him with a proposal for a collaboration with a game creator.
Other companies had also revealed merchandise inspired by Kojima Productions. Seiko released a limited number of collaboration watches with GPS-based auto-adjustments in mid-2021 worldwide.
Kojima Productions is currently working on Death Stranding Director’s Cut, which will come to PlayStation 5 on September 24, 2022. The original game, available immediately on PlayStation 4 and PC, has surpassed five million units sold worldwide combined as of July 2022.
- Amazon’s New World MMO gets fourth delay, now expected late September • Eurogamer.net
- True Colors Wavelengths Releases Late September
- New World gets an open beta soon ahead of late September launch
- Kirby Nanoblock Mini Nano Sets Will Appear in September
- ITN Productions: “We set out on a mission to dispel the myths about the industry”
- Noodle Souperstar, BattleBrew Productions’ cooking game, will feature in Launchpad #5 | Articles
- Brendan ‘PlayerUnknown’ Greene has left Krafton to form PlayerUnknown Productions
- Falling in love with the Nintendo 3DS ten years late • Eurogamer.net
- Dead Space remake shooting for late 2022 release – report
- Face giants in Tribes of Midgard when it launches late July