The latest firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, which was redistributed last week amidst some technical hiccups, is still causing some annoying issues for many players. Version 12.0.3 may not have brought much more than some beloved stability (or not, in this case…), but it’s now being blamed for error code 2123-1502 which crops up while trying to download software from the eShop; some folk are running into problems when downloading DLC for their games, too. Well, Nintendo have updated their support page which outlines some workarounds presumably while they try and develop a further patch to iron out these annoyances.
Here’s what Nintendo are suggesting if you run into error code 2123-1502:
- Attempt the download again
- Select OK to close the error message.
- A message indicating that the download stopped because an error has occurred may appear. Select Continue to attempt the download again.
- If the same error code appears again, please try continuing the download a few more times.
- When the message “Downloading data…” appears, the download should complete normally.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.To restart the console, press the POWER Button for three seconds, and then select Power Options, followed by Turn Off. When the console has turned off, press the POWER button to turn it back on again.
- Clear the cache on the Nintendo Switch console.
- Test your internet connectionTest your internet connection to ensure that your Nintendo Switch is still connected to the internet.
- Create a new internet connection.Set up a new internet connection, ensuring that you are attempting to connect to the correct network, and that you are receiving a strong wireless signal from the network.
- Manually enter an alternate DNS.If the DNS you are attempting to use is not working, entering an alternate DNS may resolve this issue.
- Ensure that the MTU value in your network settings is set to default (1400).
- Connect to the internet at a different location or access point.
This may be related to a temporary network issue. Please wait a while and try again at a later time.
My Nintendo News
- Switch Error Code 2123-1502 Still Seems an Issue With Firmware 12.0.3
- Switch Error Code 2123-1502 – Users Still Waiting On Fix For Update 12.0.3 Issues
- The Nintendo Switch firmware has been updated to version 12.0.3
- The Nintendo Switch firmware has been updated to version 12.1.0
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Latest Update Still Giving Performance Issues On Xbox Series X – Report
- The 3DS firmware has been updated to version 11.15.0-47
- Hololive Error Project Site Updated With Character List, Story
- The KeyMander 2’s latest firmware update allows gamers to play mobile games with a keyboard and mouse | Articles
- The Ascent’s latest patch is causing problems • Eurogamer.net
- Steam’s latest beta brings big upgrades to downloads page and storage manager