A new Lupin III anime is about to steal its way onto television. Revealed on Wednesday via an official website and teaser trailer, Lupin III: Part VI has been announced as a part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the first Lupin III anime series that premiered on October 24, 1971.
There’s hardly any footage in the teaser, but it immediately strikes a very somber tone, with brief narration and a the sound of a gunshot ringing out — one that’s echoed by a prominently-featured bullet in the series logo.
It’s been three years since the last Lupin III anime series aired in Japan, 2018’s Lupin III: Part V (and two years since it was brought over to the States in 2019). Last year’s Lupin III: The First animated film was an excellent holdover for fans of the iconic gentleman thief.
No release date for Lupin III: Part VI has been announced, but it’s probably safe to expect more news on that front ahead of the anime’s big anniversary in October.
Polygon – All
- Warhammer III features Skarbrand leading Khorne’s forces
- Just Flight Piper Turbo Arrow III/IV for Microsoft Flight Sim
- Switch eShop deals – Shin Megami Tensei III, Streets of Rage 4, Terraria, The House in Fata Morgana, more
- Fans remastered Evangelion creator’s anime DAICON III, but Gainax suppressed it
- Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas remakes in development, launching this year – report
- No More Heroes III Review (Switch)
- Switch eShop deals – 80’s Overdrive, Assassin’s Creed III: Remastered, Spice and Wolf VR, Thomas Was Alone, more
- Final Fantasy III and IV’s mobile versions have been rebranded as “3D Remakes” | Articles
- No More Heroes III Switch File Size Seemingly Revealed
- Video: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster director talks Digital Deluxe Edition