After a delay of over a year, Black Widow will finally release in cinemas and on streaming this summer. And maligned superhero brawler Marvel’s Avengers AIMs [Pun intended – Ed] to get you ready for the movie with its Red Room takeover event, which is available to play now until 31st May.
“Multiple hacked HARM Rooms will be available during this event along with new mission chains,” the official blurb reads. “These hacked HARM Rooms are single player only as they require agility and a keen sense of one’s surroundings that may be interrupted by having a team. Each of these will also scale from Power Level 1 to 120.”
The plot goes that a number of “anomalies” have been detected within the HARM Room, with the hack being traced back to Rooskaya Protocols and, ultimately, Yelena Belova. You’ll get a bunch of XP for completing the Red Room, as well as an animated nameplate to commemorate the occasion.
This is all coinciding with an update to the game’s levelling system. Where previously XP would become obsolete once you reached Level 50, you’ll now earn Champion XP beyond that point, which will unlock Champion Skill Points you can then spend on gameplay buffs. It’s just another way to extend the lifespan of the title, we suppose, but it seems like a sensible addition.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Marvel’s Avengers Shows Off Red Room Takeover in Trailer
- The Red Room Takeover has begun in Marvel’s Avengers
- Black Widow’s White Movie Attire Arrives in Marvel’s Avengers on PS5, PS4
- Black Widow and 6 new movies you can watch on Netflix, Apple, and Amazon
- Black Widow, Netflix’s Beckett and 9 new movies you can now watch at home
- New to Disney Plus in July 2022: Black Widow, Jungle Cruise, and more
- Black Widow’s Taskmaster: The Marvel Villain Explained
- Who is Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in Black Widow’s credits scene?
- Marvel’s Black Widow movie could only have happened now
- Black Widow and how sad ‘trailercore’ movie trailer cover songs peaked