Electronic Arts has released the patch notes for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition which fixes a number of things from resolving achievement/trophy issues to reducing relay jump noise.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Patch Update Fixes Loud Relay Jumps and More
The latest patch for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition fixes and improves a number of things across platforms. The patch notes which were shared on the EA website, details a list of items including resolving issues with some achievements/trophies not triggering such as the Paramours or kill count trackers. There has also been a number of improvements made for various hardware configurations.
One audio changes which has been requested by fans in the past is the adjustment to the Mass Relay load screens in Mass Effect 1, which now have a lowered volume, so you can experience these without having to adjust your volume or blast your eardrums. Other adjustments also affect early-game progression, with the reduced amount of max credits players can take with them from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k, which now reflects the original release of the game.
You can check out the full list of fixes and improvements below:
- English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
- Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
- Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
- Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
- Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching
- Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
- Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre – Master Gear was inaccessible
- Various collision improvements
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
- Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes
Mass Effect 2
- Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
- Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
- Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
- Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
- Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC
If you’re jumping into the trilogy remaster be sure to check out our Mass Effect Legendary Edition Tips & Tricks Guide: 10 Things All Players Should Know (Mass Effect 1). You can also check out our latest Mass Effect build guides in Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Sentinel (Mass Effect 1) and Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Adept (Mass Effect 1).
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC.
For more news be sure to check out next Biomutant Patch 1.4 Now On Console and Chernobylite Gets ‘Tatyana Story’ Trailer.
- Legendary Edition patch quietens down those deafening mass relay jumps • Eurogamer.net
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Patch 1.03 Fixes Trophy Bugs, Weird Eye Animations, and More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition patch boosts PC performance, fixes Virmire
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Update Fixes Launcher Crashes, Xbox Series X Glitch
- 10 Best Squad Mates In Mass Effect – Before You Play Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition changes Tali’s photo in Mass Effect 3
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Engineer (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Vanguard (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Adept (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Review Part 1: Mass Effect