Analyst firm attributes growth to streaming, cloud gaming, technical parity to consoles, and more
A new report from analyst firm GlobalData today estimates the mobile gaming market will be worth $272 billion by 2030, representation a compound annual growth rate of 11%.
It attributes the growth to a number of factors.
“The growing maturity of streaming (supported by 5G), cloud gaming services and mobile esports – combined with the fact that mobile platforms are close to technical parity with PCs and consoles – means most gamers will embrace mobile gaming in the next few years,” said associate project manager at GlobalData Rupantar Guha.
“As a result, it will continue to account for the lion’s share of the global video games revenue over the next ten years”.
GlobalData estimated that mobile gaming made up 57% of global games revenue last year.
The report noted that it will be necessary for traditional console publishers to have mobile gaming expertise for them to take part of the lucrative revenue market.
- Nvidia RTX 3070 -- Is the gaming performance worth it?
- Warhammer Skulls is about to give us a week’s worth of Warhammer gaming news
- Neill Blomkamp On His New Gaming Focus And The Film Industry's Fear Regarding The Future Of Games
- Former Blizzard Dev And Undead Labs Founder Calls For Gaming Industry To Unionize Following Activision Lawsuit
- How to transfer PUBG Mobile data to Battlegrounds Mobile India | Articles
- The Red Bull Mobile Esports Open tournament returns for a fourth season with a focus on Wild Rift and PUBG Mobile | Articles
- PUBG MOBILE: Everything you should know about PUBG Mobile’s Ignition Future League | Articles
- PUBG Mobile 90 FPS File Download Android/ios [v1.5 Mediafire] PUBG Mobile Update
- HyperBrawl Tournament interview: Scott Swarbrick discusses working with Apple and the landscape of subscription services in mobile gaming | Articles
- 75% of mobile gaming pandemic boost will persist - Report