Developers who worked on Shin Megami Tensei have release details about upcoming RPG Monark, releasing a new trailer, screenshots and more.
Monark RPG By Shin Megami Tensei Devs Reveal Trailer; Confirms English Localisation
Publisher FuRyu and developer Lancarse have released a debut trailer for the newly announced RPG Monark. The development team whoa are made up of those who worked on Shin Megami Tensei unveil new details, screenshots and confirm Monark will have localisation in a number of languages.
Publisher Clouded Leopard Entertainment have confirmed Monark will be released with Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean subtitle support in Asia. There will also be English voice-overs and subtitles added to the game at a later date via a free update, which could mean the western publisher has already picked up the game for release.
Monark’s story follows you as the protagonist who wakes up mysteriously in Shin Mikado Academy, with a barrier separating the campus from the rest of the outside world. Within the academy, there is a madness-inducing Mist, strange cryptic calls that connect to the Otherworld and seven Pactbearers–each with their own Daemonic power ruled by their Egos.
The story sounds a bit like a mix of Lovecraftian madness, with some Shin Megami Daemonic powers, but looks to be an interesting setting. The details also tease choosing different paths, and befriending companions who will lead you in four separate destinies.
Pre-orders for a $99.99 limited edition are now available on the NIS America Online Store, which includes a collector’s box, hardcover art book, VANI limited soundtrack, “Seven Sins” cloth poster, and “Pieces of Ambition” set of five acrylic stands.
You can check out the official key features below:
- Wield Your Madness to Your Advantage – Activating your Authority grants you power in exchange for raising your MAD Gauge. When your MAD Gauge reaches max, you enter a state of Madness, causing you to attack enemies and allies alike for several turns before self-destructing. Controlling the madness effectively can help turn the tide in battle.
- Fight Back Against the Daemonic Forces – Control up to six characters in a turn-based, free movement battle system. Attack enemies from behind and resonate with surrounding allies to perform combo attacks. Situational awareness and calculated decision-making are the keys to victory.
- Explore an Academy Thrown into Disarray – Within the Mist are phone calls that connect you to the Otherworld. You must explore every inch of the Mist to resolve the mysterious anomalies plaguing the academy.
- Seven Axis Points Map Out Your Desires – Pride, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth. Your affinity for each will change according to how you answer the diagnostic tests you are given throughout the story. How your Ego develops rests upon your own desires.
- Fiends: Reflections of your Ego – Fiends are Daemons that answer only to you. Different types can be unlocked for each of your seven desires. Strengthening your Ego increases the range of cosmetic customization options for your Fiends, as well as how much their equipment can be enhanced.
You can check out the trailer below:
Monark is planned for release on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch and PC in early 2023. In Japan and Asia Monark will release on PS5, PS4 and Switch on October 14th.
- Former Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei staff announce Monark for Nintendo Switch
- Monark will receive English localisation with voice acting next year
- Monark by Shin Megami Tensei Devs for PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch Gets First Trailer & Screenshots
- Monark by Shin Megami Tensei Devs for PS5, PS4, Switch, & PC Reveals Opening Cutscene in New Trailer
- “Monark” by Shin Megami Tensei Devs Gets Update Revealing Character & Artist
- Monark Is The New RPG From Former Shin Megami Tensei Staff
- Shin Megami Tensei Veterans Confirm ‘Monark’, A JRPG Heading To Switch In 2023
- Monark by Shin Megami Tensei Developers for PS5, PS4, Switch, & PC Gets Even More Gameplay
- Former Shin Megami Tensei staff to reveal new title on 10th June
- Check out a new Shin Megami Tensei 5 gameplay trailer here