In a number of multiplayer focused job listings, Naughty Dog has expressed its goal to “bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games” to its new online experience. It’s almost certain the team is referring to its spin-off, standalone The Last of Us multiplayer game, which was announced over a year ago, prior to the release of The Last of Us: Part II.
The details of this project remain very much under-wraps, but its scale seems to grow with each soundbite released. The original Factions proved an extremely popular part of The Last of Us and The Last of Us Remastered, but it seems like the Californian team has outrageously large plans for its successor. Sony, incidentally, has also been hunting for big multiplayer hits.
Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer to see the online outing in action.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Naughty By Nature – Naughty Dog Leadership Reflects On The Studio’s History
- The Last of Us Part 2 multiplayer files hint at a potential Naughty Dog battle royale
- Naughty Dog’s Multiplayer Game Described as Cinematic Experience Between Players
- Naughty Dog ramps up hiring for studio’s first standalone multiplayer game • Eurogamer.net
- Naughty Dog is officially hiring for its first standalone multiplayer game
- Brazilian Superstar Neymar to Bring Trademark Tekkers to Pro Evolution Soccer
- Naughty Dog designer reveals how Tommy and Abby sequence was made • Eurogamer.net
- Naughty Dog Still Has “a Ton of Love” for Uncharted and The Last of Us
- TLOU2 Studio Co-Presidents Aren’t Sold On Unionizing Naughty Dog
- Naughty Dog co-presidents on crunch, unionization