Loop Hero was a big surprise indie hit that released on PC via Steam earlier this year. The game combines light RPG elements with the idle clicker game genre, as well as some deck-building and rogue-lite tendencies, and it all comes together to form one well-rounded package.
While the game was already amazing at launch, it did come with its fair share of issues. However, the developers have committed to releasing patches and updates to add more content and features to the game. The first patch is now available in the beta branch, and here are the details:
- In-Expedition Saves: As many of you asked, now the game saves in the expeditions if you quit. To resolve possible issues we’ve added:
- Escape during battles! – Now you can escape to the camp right before the eyes of your enemies. You’ll still lose as much loot as you would have if you died, but it’s flashier.
- Debug retreat and backup loading! – Now if you hold “load”/”continue” button in the main menu, you’ll get two new buttons – “debug retreat” and “load backup”. First allows you to abandon the expedition on that save and return to camp. But you will lose all your resources from that expedition, so use it in emergency cases only. And backup loads the previous version of your camp.
- Expedition and Fight Speed Sliders: Now the speed changing button is a little different. It’s a slider going from 1x-4x instead of a 1x-2x switch. There is also an option to change the fight speed, which you can turn on in the options menu. Although the game fighting system is balanced around the default 1x speed and you might risk not understanding what happens on higher speeds.
- Decks: Now you can switch the card, item and trait deck, and have up to 4 of them. Oh, and by the way:
- Perk Deck: Now there is a possibility to “turn off” the trait you get from bosses, so they aren’t a hindrance if you changed your mind.
- New Tiles and New Enemies: It’s more interesting if you find out about them yourselves. We’ll just say there’s 3 of each.
- Camp Item Stacks: Some camp items have a limit on an amount of same items that can be equipped at once.
- Now items can be locked in the inventory by right-clicking them, so they aren’t destroyed when you get new equipment.
- A lot of traits/enemy skills/parameters reworded for clearer indication of the effect.
- A bunch of changes to the English and Russian texts, a lot of typos fixed, as well as some translation issues.
- Some Minor Bugfixes.
- Speedrun Mode:
- Activating this will turn on the chapter timer which will always show during gameplay.
- If you start a new game with the speedrun mode on, there will also be an “any%” timer, which shows the time of the entire walkthrough.
In-expedition saves are a big one, as players will now be able to quit the game in the middle of an expedition without worrying about losing progress. Speed sliders should also help with clearing more expeditions quickly, while the new card additions are also a nice surprise, and should add more replay value for players who have already cleared the game multiple times.
The beta version of the patch can be accessed by right-clicking the game in Steam, selecting Properties, Betas, and choosing “beta1.1” from the options available.
Loop Hero is now available on Steam.
- Loop Hero Comes To Nintendo Switch This Holiday Season
- Loop Hero coming to Nintendo Switch later this year
- LifeAfter’s Revenant update adds new enemies, characters and secrets to uncover! | Articles
- No More Heroes 3 – DonMai Sushi and Toilet Saves trailer
- New trailer for Guacamelee dev’s new game Nobody Saves the World features a horse with a bow and arrow
- Warframe Confirms Cross-Play and Cross-Saves are in the Works
- Returnal Saves Don’t Matter When You Can Beat It In Less Than 5 Minutes
- PS4 Saves Are Compatible with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on PS5
- Little Fin, Neutronized’s upcoming low-poly underwater adventure, lets you play as a goldfish that saves the seas from pollution | Articles
- Nobody Saves the World Launching Early 2023 with Online Co-op