We’re only a few months away from the return of Travis Touchdown in No More Heroes 3, but after Nintendo’s E3 stream ended, it seemed the game would be absent from the conference. That is until Nintendo published a 25-minute deep dive into the game on its YouTube channel.
No More Heroes 3 is developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and directed by Suda Goichi, also known as Suda 51. Based on the gameplay demo, it seems the third entry will still have the offbeat style and weird sense of humor that makes Suda 51 games so unique.
The first No More Heroes was originally released on the Wii and was one of the most notable games to take advantage of the console’s motion controls for something a little more action-oriented. Fitting that theme, this demo for No More Heroes 3 was shown off by someone playing with two Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons, using motion controls for the series’ signature hack-and-slash combat.
Technically, the gameplay presentation was part of Nintendo’s Treehouse presentation, but for some reason it didn’t make it into the livestream portion of the show, which lasted for several hours on Tuesday. The demo includes a few combat sections, as well as glimpses of the odd activities and minigames that Travis Touchdown will complete between missions. There’s even a section that seems to be a boss fight.
No More Heroes 3 is set to be released on Aug. 27, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Polygon – All
- Who got into the Halo Infinite test? Is The Ascent finally a killer cyberpunk game? – VG247’s Definitely Not a Podcast Video Chat #6
- Nintendo asks content creators not to co-stream its E3 2023 Direct
- Marvel’s Avengers Dev Urges PS5 Players Not to Stream Due to IP Being Displayed on Screen
- Cyberpunk 2077 Stream Shows Off Boring DLC Items, Not Much Else
- Impressive-looking Esports Boxing Club delayed, but it’s got Tyson Fury • Eurogamer.net
- Video: IGN Japan – No More Heroes 3 gameplay
- No More Heroes 3 will be the last No More Heroes game
- Nintendo shares 20 minutes of new No More Heroes 3 gameplay on Switch • Eurogamer.net
- VG247’s Definitely Not a Podcast Video Chat #2 – Cloud gaming, game movies, Kojima’s Xbox game, and more
- Evangelion 3.0+1.0 to Stream on Amazon Prime Video