I wrote about Paralives last year, because a) it’s cool seeing a proper competitor to The Sims, and b) the house construction stuff looked really interesting. A year later and the house stuff now looks like 94% of the reason I want to play this game.
See, courtesy of passions for both architecture and chill television I have an unhealthy obsession with the show Grand Designs, and have long been utterly mystified that there hasn’t been a more prominent (I’m aware some smaller titles exist) game built just around…building nice houses.
And while The Sims has long had some pretty cool house-building stuff, what Paralives is doing here looks like some next-level shit, from the way we’re able to shape the outside of the house to the variables we’re given on stuff like resizing windows and applying finishes.
I’m seeing a future where people play this game entirely for the building and furniture element, despite the fact the whole point of this is that it’s actually a whole damn life simulator.
You can follow along with Paralives’ development at the game’s Patreon.
- Dodgeball Academia Still Looks Like the Sports JRPG We Always Wanted
- Looks like Yakuza: Like a Dragon is coming to Xbox Game Pass soon
- Guilty Gear Strive looks like a Game Boy Advance game with potato mod • Eurogamer.net
- How to always win the Fortnite alien mothership mini-game for gold loot
- Portable PS2 Looks Great, Plays Grand Theft Auto 3
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl’s New ‘Grand Underground’ Map Looks Epic
- Reimagining the origins and designs of the Guardians – PlayStation.Blog
- PlayStation Bag Collection Features Original Graffiti Art, 90s Designs
- These Gen 1 Pokemon Tattoo Designs Look Spectacular
- Discussing Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Sprites and Designs