We’re entering the tail end of Genshin Impact‘s version 2.0 update, but miHoYo has added a new activity for players to try out. It’s called Phantom Flow, an event that takes place in an arena. There are some similarities to Contending Tides, but there are also some slight tweaks. Here’s our Genshin Impact Phantom Flow event guide to help you with the Shoden and Okuden challenges, as well as various difficulty modes.
Genshin Impact: Phantom Flow event guide – Shoden and Okuden challenges
To get started with the Phantom Flow event in Genshin Impact, you’ll need to reach Adventure Rank 30 and progress further in Act I of the Inazuma Archon quest. You’ll want to complete “Ritou Escape Plan” and “Chisato’s Letter” as well.
If you meet these requirements, click on the event panel and you’ll see a marker on an island northwest of Ritou. You can actually teleport here to speak to an NPC named Shousen. Next, click on the challenge marker to begin the Phantom Flow event.
How exactly do these Shoden challenges and difficulty modes work?
Shoden challenges in Genshin Impact‘s Phantom Flow event have three difficulty levels (normal, hard, and extreme). Completing a higher difficulty level will also take care of the one below it. As such, it’s usually better to just pick extreme difficulty.
You’ll also notice icons pertaining to the mobs that you’ll face (mostly Treasure Hoarders for this one), and a particular modifier known as a “Shinryuu mechanic.” For instance, today’s Shoden challenge, “Electrograna’s Triumph,” has the following effects:
- Carrying an Electrograna increases energy recharge by 100%.
- Using three elemental bursts within 10 seconds unleashes a lightning bolt that will strike five nearby enemies for AoE Electro damage.
Likewise, you’ll see the objectives for this particular bout. Here’s an example for the extreme difficulty:
- Defeat 25 opponents within 180 seconds.
- The time between kills cannot exceed 25 seconds.
- No character deaths during the challenge.
Because of the modifier, make sure that you’ve got an Electrograna active all the time by interacting with the nearby Thunder Bough. This ensures that your characters will have their elemental bursts ready always. In my case, I used Kazuha, Ganyu, Zhongli, and Bennett. To be fair, I guess having Mona there would be better since she and Ganyu could permafreeze foes.
Anyway, clearing extreme difficulty nets you the rewards for the lower difficulties (i.e., 60x primogems, 2x talent booklets, 40,000 mora, and 3x hero’s wit). Moreover, it’ll unlock the Okuden challenge.
The Okuden challenge
The Okuden challenge is only unlocked by beating the Shoden challenge on extreme difficulty. For “Electrograna’s Triumph,” you’ll still encounter a few Treasure Hoarders. However, you’ll also end up battling several Kairagi (elite Nobushi samurai).
The previous modifier will still be present. But, an additional one called the “Thundersign” will appear under a random character when you trigger the aforementioned lightning bolt AoE. After a short delay, the Thundersign explodes at that position, which means your characters have to be on the move.
The Okuden challenge only has one difficulty mode, and here are the objectives:
- Defeat 20 opponents within 180 seconds.
- Defeat at least 4 Kairagi.
- No character deaths during the challenge.
The party I had continued to perform admirably. Zhongli, acting as a shield bot, ensured that I wouldn’t take deadly hits when the Kairagi samurai dashed or struck the grounds with their swords. Bennett’s, Ganyu’s, and Kazuha’s bursts also caused high damage to kill most enemies quickly.
Anyway, that does it for today’s Shoden and Okuden challenges in Genshin Impact‘s Phantom Flow event. We’ll continue updating this guide once the new stages are introduced each daily reset. Just be reminded that the Phantom Flow event will be available from today until August 30.
PC Invasion – FeedDDD
- Genshin Impact Phantom Flow event | Phantom Flow challenges and rewards
- Summoners War: Lost Centuria adds new monsters Phantom Thief and Panda Warrior with Rate-Up event | Articles
- RATCHET AND CLANK RIFT APART PS5 Walkthrough Gameplay Part 17 – PHANTOM (PlayStation 5)
- Overwatch Anniversary Returns with Party-Packed Rewards and Challenges
- Mass Effect’s Jennifer Hale And Courtenay Taylor On The Challenges Of Bringing Certain Characters To Life
- Technical localization challenges and how to solve them
- Overwatch Summer Games 2022: Event dates, skins, and weekly challenges
- The Outlast Trials “is like a TV series”, offering new challenges for players and developer alike – PlayStation.Blog
- Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered Video Highlight Released
- Phantom Abyss Is Fall Guys Meets Indiana Jones