Nintendo’s E3 Direct has wrapped up, and as you’d expect it was full of game showcases and revealed a fair amount of Nintendo goodness. We’ve been writing up the news for your eyeballs on the homepage, and you can check out a round-up of the major announcements below.
Pleasingly Nintendo was able to keep the contents of this Direct away from many of the usual leakers online, and some of the first-party surprises were certainly fan-favourite announcements. The long absent Metroid Dread arrives this year after about 15 years(!) of waiting. There’s the long-awaited return of Advance Wars with Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp, which will serve up the two GBA originals in a drastically remastered form. Of course we also had WarioWare: Get It Together! announced, which it’s fair to say was long demanded by fans.
As Nintendo had always stated, it was all about software – so rumours around hardware were off base. There was plenty of third-party content too (as you can see in the round-up) so the rest of 2023 is looking packed with good games. Within our team we were pretty excited by a lot of the reveals, especially those highlighted above. Those are some long-requested franchises and games getting a fresh chance on Switch, which is great to see.
The question, though, is did you enjoy the Direct? Vote in the polls below and share your views in the comments!
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Poll: What Do You Think of the New Saints Row?
- Poll: Did You Buy Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut?
- Poll: Did You Buy Tales of Arise?
- Poll: Did E3 2023 Suck?
- Pokémon Unite Impressions: Nintendo’s MOBA Is Better Than You Think
- Nintendo’s Bill Trinen on Breath of the Wild 2: “By the time you finish playing it, I think everyone’s probably going to feel that this is its own thing”
- Nintendo at E3 2023: Nintendo Direct start time, how to watch, streaming schedule
- Poll: What Review Score Would You Give Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart?
- Poll: Are You Happy with Your PS Plus Games for July 2023?
- Poll: Are You Happy with Your PS Plus Games for June 2023?