PS Plus’ games for September have been officially announced, and as it turns out, last week’s leak was completely correct. Hopefully you didn’t set your sights on anything different!
Without further ado, here’s what subscribers get this month:
Based on the reaction to the aforementioned leak, this selection will divide opinion. Overcooked, for example, is a great little party game — but it doesn’t offer a whole lot to solo players. Predator is a similar deal — it’s a title that’s much more entertaining when you’re playing alongside pals.
Fortunately, Hitman 2 is a real single player treat, so its inclusion might be enough to tip the scales for some of you. All three games will be made available to claim and download from the 7th September.
If you’re looking for more information on these games, we dished up an 8/10 in our Overcooked: All You Can Eat PS5 review:
Overall, this is very much just more of the same, but Overcooked remains a delightful co-op experience. Extremely accessible, surprisingly challenging, and fun for all ages.
In our Hitman 2 PS4 review, we also served up a devilishly high 8/10 review score, praising IO Interactive’s latest stealth action effort:
Each mission in Hitman 2 is a treasure trove of wonderful emergent gameplay, excellent satirical writing, and lashings of delicious, jet-black humour. The targets you’ll hunt are almost universally rotters which thankfully takes care of any lingering moral quandaries you may have about their imminent demise.
Unfortunately, our Predator: Hunting Grounds PS4 review left a bit of a bitter taste, as we scored it just 4/10. It’s worth noting that since this article was published, however, IllFonic has added quite a lot to the game, so your mileage may vary:
Predator: Hunting Grounds wouldn’t look too out of place amongst the tacked-on multiplayer modes of the PS3 generation. It offers a handful of hours packed with enjoyment but quickly comes apart at the seams as you realise how lacking in content it really is. While playing as the Predator and a good amount of customisation may be its saving graces, this is an experience you can safely skip.
What do you think of these games for PS Plus September 2022? Give us an honest opinion in the comments section below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- PS Plus September 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Announced
- PS Plus Games for September 2022 Are Available Now on PS5, PS4
- What September 2022 PS Plus Games Do You Want for PS5, PS4? – Talking Point
- Rumour: PS Plus September 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Leaked Ahead of Official Reveal
- Rumour: PS Plus September 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Allegedly Leaked
- PS Plus July 2022 Free PS5, PS4 Games Announced
- PS Plus August 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Announced
- PS Plus’ Free PS5, PS4 Games Announced for August 2022
- Guide: New PS5, PS4 Games This Week (12th September to 19th September)
- New PS5, PS4 Games This Week (6th September to 12th September) – Guide