Sony is aiming for a holiday 2024 release for the PlayStation 5 VR headset, according to a Bloomberg report.
In an article about liquid crystal displays becoming the standard in VR, the outlet noted that Sony has been a key exception to that trend. The report cited “people with knowledge of the matter” for the news that the PlayStation maker will use OLED panels from Samsung Display Co. in its next headset.
Sony confirmed it was working on a PS5 VR headset in February, with PlayStation SVP of platform planning and management Hideaki Nishino saying the new headset would improve on the PS4’s PSVR headset in “everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input.”
Beyond that, the company said the headset’s new controllers would incorporate DualSense technology and confirmed it would not be on store shelves this year.
Sony representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- PS5 VR headset has an HDR OLED display, 110-degree FOV, will support AAA hybrid games - report
- Steam Deck expected order availability now Q1 2024 (64GB) and Q2 2024 (256GB/512GB) • Eurogamer.net
- SteelSeries' best gaming headset for PS5 is now on offer • Eurogamer.net
- Rumour: Sony Targeting AAA Titles for Stunning Next-Gen PS5 VR Headset
- Best gaming headset 2024 | PCGamesN
- Sony Releasing New VR Headset In 2024
- Overwatch 2 Could Skip 2024, Development “Taking Longer Than Expected” – Rumor
- Razer Barracuda X gaming headset review
- Steelseries Arctis Prime gaming headset review
- Razer’s BlackShark V2 Pro gaming headset gets a splash of Rainbow Six Siege