Microsoft is doing a very good job of hiding the fact Psychonauts 2 will also release on PlayStation 4 because we have legitimately only just remembered to cover this piece of news. While developer Double Fine is now owned by the Team in Green, the sequel in question was Kickstarted years ago, meaning the PS4 version is still very much a thing. It will be out on 25th August 2024, and PS5 owners can also get in on the fun through backwards compatibility. Take a look at the latest trailer above for more footage.
Pre-orders on the PS Store will be coming in the near future, but Double Fine is on the whole chuffed that the finish line has almost arrived. A blog post reads: “We can’t wait to share our work and this wonderful world with you. Two months! It’s gonna kick a lot of butt!” Between now and the game’s launch, the team will share further details on the story so far, the characters you’ll meet and their powers, and much more. “Heck, we’ll even be able to do small things like share more screenshots and hopefully share more tech details on each version of the game once we’re able.”
Have you been looking forward to playing Psychonauts 2 on PS4? Get wacky in the comments below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- God of War Ragnarok Delayed To 2024; Also Confirmed for Release on PS4
- Psychonauts 2 will release in August with “no crunch” • Eurogamer.net
- Next God of War Pushed Back to 2024; Also Confirmed for PS4 Alongside Gran Turismo 7
- Axiom Verge 2 Will Also Launch for PS5 and PS4
- Super Robot Wars 30 Also Announced for PS4 & PC Via Steam on Top of Switch
- Godfall Out Now on PS4, Fire and Darkness Expansion Also Available
- Vanguard Multiplayer Alpha on PS5 & PS4 Gets Trailer & Date; Beta Also Dated
- New PS5, PS4 Games This Week (2nd August to 8th August) – Guide
- New PS5, PS4 Games This Week (9th August to 15th August) – Guide
- New PS5, PS4 Games This Week (16th August to 22nd August) – Guide