Certain things are timeless when it comes to gaming. Jumping over gaps, racing at breakneck speeds, beating the ever-loving crap out of everything that moves. You know the drill. You’ll be able to do more of the latter when River City Girls 2 comes to PC next year. WayForward announced the game via a Tweet today, letting fans know that the girls are, in fact, back in town. Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki will all be in the game, plus there’ll be some new characters that show up as well. Two-player online co-op will be included too, so it seems like there’ll be a lot to look forward to.
Details are scarce, however. We don’t yet know the plot, we don’t have any screenshots, and there isn’t even a release window. All we know is that River City Girls 2 will come out sometime in 2023. Yeah, I know, we want more, but we have to make do. Perhaps you can play the first game and squint really hard in the meantime. That might do the trick a little bit. Or you could actually go out into the streets and pick fights with ruffians, which I’m sure will end well.
I’ve just gotta find my way
The first River City Girls came out in September of 2019 and was developed by WayForward, famous for the Shantae games, as well as a lot of licensed and retro throwback titles that are generally much more fun than they have any right to be. The game is a 16-bit styled brawler where you take the titular ladies onto the mean streets to deliver a bunch of brutal smackdown on anything that happens to stand between them and moving the screen to the right. The series is a follow-up to the Kunio-kun games, aka River City Rampage as they’re known in the West. We’ll have more on River City Girls 2 as it develops.
We are thrilled to officially announce River City Girls 2 – coming to PC and consoles next year! Return to the mean streets of River City with Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, & Riki – plus a few new playable characters! – for a fresh round of beat-’em-up action. Featuring 2p online co-op! pic.twitter.com/GX1t9IScRr
— WayForward (@WayForward) June 14, 2023
PC Invasion – FeedDDD
- River City Girls Zero and River City Girls 2 Announced
- River City Girls 2 reveals Marian from Double Dragon and Provie from River City Ransom Underground, first screenshots
- River City Girls 2 Beats Down PS5, PS4 Next Year
- Two New River City Girls Games Announced
- RWBY: Arrowfell is the next 2D Metroidvania from the River City Girls devs
- River City Girls is Coming to PS5
- River City Girls 2 & Zero Devs Discuss New & Familiar Faces
- Marian and Provie join the playable cast of River City Girls 2
- WayForward Shares First Screenshots Of River City Girls 2
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update Due Next Week, Adds New River Raids, Nightmare Difficulty, Gear, More