Supermassive Games just recently pulled back the curtain on the third entry in its Dark Pictures Anthology, but it saved some surprises for Geoff Keighley’s Summer Game Fest. During the live stream, a trailer showcased more of the tension and horrors awaiting a military group that gets trapped in an underground temple with a nest of monsters hungry for blood.
Up until this point, we didn’t have a release date, let alone any idea what these monsters even looked like in House of Ashes. Supermassive unveiled the horrifying creatures at the end of the trailer above, but not before revealing an October 22 release date alongside “The Pazuzu” collector’s edition (pictured below), which offers a figurine of the creepy creature (10 cm), exclusive art print, stickers of the cast, eclipse pin, collector’s box, and more. The Pazuzu edition is a Bandai Namco store exclusive.
When we talked to director Will Doyle, he said: “The creatures in House of Ashes are some of the most complicated we’ve ever made. But through hand animation and motion capture, we’ve created a monster that is very believable, very threatening, and very dangerous.”
Finally seeing one up close, it certainly looks like a horrifying menace that I wouldn’t want to be trapped in an enclosed space with, but I’m sure I’ll have my fun outsmarting and besting them.
House of Ashes marks the first time enhanced versions will be available for the new-gen systems (PS5, Xbox Series X/S). It is also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
For more on House of Ashes, we recently broke down everything you need to know about the next entry in The Dark Pictures Anthology.
- The Dark Pictures Anthology House Of Ashes Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes comes to consoles and PC in October
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: House Of Ashes Drops Teaser Trailer Ahead Of Full Reveal Next Week
- Bringing Horror to History in The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
- The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes gets a spooky teaser trailer
- The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes showcases eight minutes of gameplay in latest video
- The Dark Pictures Anthology’s Next Game is Called The Devil in Me, According to a Trademark
- The Dark Pictures Anthology’s next game will be called The Devil In Me
- Looks like Dark Pictures Anthology’s next instalment will be called The Devil In Me • Eurogamer.net
- Looks like the next Dark Pictures Anthology game will be The Devil In Me