In our final GI at E3 Newscast, James and Danielle are joined by indie developer Shahid Ahmad to reflect on the full week of game announcements and reveals.
During the course of the conversation, we weigh up the strategies of both Xbox and Nintendo, discuss the shortcomings of a digital-only E3, and debate the merits of Microsoft’s ‘everything on Game Pass’ model vs PlayStation’s focus on $70 blockbusters.
Despite what James says at the end of the episode, our full podcast looking back at key trends and titles will be released tomorrow rather than later today.
You can watch and listen in the YouTube video above, or you can listen right here. It is also available via Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, Player FM, TuneIn and other widely-used podcast platforms.
Title music composed by Thomas Marchant.
Did you miss us talking about Nintendo Direct with Velan Studios co-founder Guha Bala? Or Ubisoft Forward and Mario + Rabbids with composer Grant Kirkhope? Or us chat indies with Cassia Curan? Or debate the merits of Geoff Keighley’s show? Then check out our previous episodes right here.
For all the announced games, you can see everything with our full E3 roundup article. And you can find all the release dates in one place with this handy roundup.
- The GI at E3 newscast: Video games are coming and Xbox gets serious
- The GI at E3 Newscast: Ubisoft Forward, Mario + Rabbids and E3 memories with Grant Kirkhope
- The GI at E3 Newscast: Xbox, Square Enix and indies
- The GI at E3 Newscast: Nintendo Direct and E3 2022, with Guha Bala
- Base-building strategy The Riftbreaker launching on Xbox Game Pass later this year
- Lemnis Gate Brings Turn-Based, Time-Looping FPS Strategy to Xbox Game Pass This Summer
- Elden Ring Reactions + Summer Game Fest Recap
- Release Date, Time, Trailer, and Recap
- All trailers and complete recap – PlayStation.Blog
- GI Show – Starfield, Guardians Of The Galaxy, And E3 Day 2 Recap