Naughty Dog’s latest update for The Last of Us Part 2 enhances the game’s performance on PlayStation 5. Patch 1.08 for the game, released Wednesday, will let PS5 owners choose a frame rate target of either 30 frames per second or 60 fps, Naughty Dog said on the PlayStation Blog.
“This allows you to choose your preferred framerate to complement the rest of the enhancements that are part of the PS5 backward compatibility with PS4 games, such as an enhanced resolution, faster load times, and more,” Naughty Dog director of communications Arne Meyer explained.
The Last of Us Part 2’s PS5 performance patch is free. Meyer called the update “just the first step of working on the PS5.”
“The team has been digging into the PS5 hardware and the possibilities it unlocks since launch last year and we’re excited about what the future holds,” he said.
The Last of Us Part 2 was released on PlayStation 4 in June 2022, and is playable on PS5 through backward compatibility. Naughty Dog released a major update for the game in August, adding a new Grounded difficulty mode and permadeath options.
Polygon – All
- The Last of Us Part II Gets Performance Update Today Targeting 60 FPS on PS5
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets surprise update that adds 4k support in 60fps on PS5 • Eurogamer.net
- Rocket League PS5 Update Adds 120 FPS Mode, Ratchet & Clank Bundle
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gets 60 FPS Update on PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Re-Reckoning Adds 4K Support for PS5 in New Update
- Beta PS5 Update Adds M.2 SSD Support, 3D Audio Sound For TV Speakers, New Trophy Trackers, And More
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey update adds 60FPS support on Xbox Series X/S and PS5
- Sims 4 gets a free update ahead of the Industrial Loft Kit – here’s what it adds
- DOTA 2 Adds AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Support In New Update
- Rocket League Update Adds PS5 Upgrades And Ratchet and Clank Cosmetics For Free, Dropping Tomorrow