Once you are done flying through the clouds or visiting Skyloft, you can use the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo again to return to the spot on the surface where you previously used it.
This new feature even works in dungeons on the surface and from within buildings in the sky.
There is no mention if this functionality is available without amiibo, but it appears this may be an advantage for those who are able to get their hands on one.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is a remaster of the the 2011 Wii title and, while it keeps and improves the original’s motion controls, it adds a new button-only controller scheme that will allow for play in handheld mode.
The Zelda & Loftwing amiibo joins the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword-themed Joy-Con that will also release on July 16 and are modeled after the Master Sword and Hylian Shield.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
IGN Video Games
- Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Remake On Switch Locks Fast-Travel Behind Loftwing Amiibo
- Video: Unboxing The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Joy-Con Controllers, amiibo And Game
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is the fourth Zelda to reach No.1 | UK Boxed Charts
- UK: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is No.1 and fourth No.1 for the Zelda series
- Cosplay Wednesday – The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword’s Zelda
- A Zelda & Loftwing Skyward Sword HD amiibo is releasing on July 16th
- Zelda & Loftwing Amiibo Releasing Alongside Skyward Sword HD
- Zelda & Loftwing amiibo Announced for Skyward Sword HD
- Nintendo Reveals New Zelda & Loftwing amiibo For Skyward Sword HD
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD merch available with pre-orders