Prepare for a conquering of crimson. The Red Room Takeover Event has initiated in Marvel’s Avengers and will last until May 31.
Agent James Woo has reported several anomalies within the HARM Room, linked to a computer virus that managed to make its way into the helicarrier’s system. The only thing he was able to decipher were cryptic messages addressed to Black Widow from her old friend Yelena Belova. The messages seem to be teasing, almost taunting, Natasha as if a twisted game were being played. Investigate these disturbances and find out what Yelena has in store for the Avengers.
New mission chains will be available during this event where players must enter five different hacked HARM Rooms, each with their own unique challenges and obstacles. These new HARM Rooms are tinged with red and include hazards that Yelena set up just to see if you can dodge them. In “the floor is lava” fashion, one of these hazards is techno lava, a pulsating surface that will immediately down an Avenger – or an enemy. The Red Room Takeover is single player only, scaled to different Power Levels, and you cannot bring your companions along with you to help. What fun would that be?
Rewards for this event include an exclusive team nameplate, special gear, a unique comic set, and a substantial amount of XP.
Here are a few tips on how to survive the Red Room Takeover from Principal Designer Jason Botta:
- Always. Be. Moving. – With large waves of enemies in small spaces, you’ll need to keep on your toes to stay out of harm’s way.
- Utilize the ‘techno lava’ death pits – Positioning yourself correctly and utilizing the correct attacks to knock troublesome enemies off platforms to their deaths can be critical to surviving certain waves.
- Use mobility and grapple focused characters for maximum enjoyment – You can get through them with anyone, but characters like Black Widow, Kate Bishop, Hawkeye, and Kamala can really flow through the spaces. Any character with a grapple can save you from poorly timed jumps.
- But pay attention to the environments and which moves you’re using – Several heroes have moves that will translate them very far while in air, this can often lead to inadvertently landing in a death pit. Switch up tactics/moves in the air to avoid unfortunate deaths until you are really comfortable with the environments and can judge when you are over safe ground or not
Since part of the Red Room Takeover’s rewards are a staggering amount of XP, it ties in wonderfully with a new system we have introduced: the Champion System. Currently, when Heroes reach the level cap of 50, XP becomes obsolete since there are no more Skills to unlock. The Champion System solves this by allowing level 50 characters to continue earning XP to level up their Champion Levels. With each Champion Level, comes a Champion Skill Point, which can be used to unlock a new set of skills to further improve your character’s combat prowess.
Champion Skills are on their own separate page of the UI and include boosts to Heroic Charge Rate, Melee Damage, Critical Chance, and much more. They are permanent boosts and do stack, which means unlocking skills in the entire tree will greatly increase each stat. There are a total of 372 Champion Levels, which means it’s time to grind and choose who your main is going to be. You will not be able to respec your Champion Skills yet, so for the time being, please choose carefully how you want to power up your hero.
We’re excited to see all your heroes continue to power up in preparation for some of the toughest content we will be introducing later this year. We have so much more down the road including Patrol Mode and of course, the War for Wakanda expansion. Enjoy the Red Room Takeover – if you can survive…
Marvel’s Avengers is an epic, third-person, action-adventure game that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay*. Take the essential Super Hero gaming experience to another level! Marvel’s Avengers will be available for next-gen consoles at no extra cost.* This version will boast a wide spectrum of improvements to visuals and speed, and will be backwards compatible in single and multiplayer. Marvel’s Avengers has a beautiful world filled with exquisite detail, and with improved Heroics, destruction, graphical fidelity, and framerate versus previous gen, you won’t be missing any of it. Get right into the action with fast loading times and be blown away by the striking detail of enhanced destructive visuals that make Heroics feel truly in your hands. Marvel’s Avengers will support save file transfer and cross-gen play so you can pick up right where you left off and continue fighting AIM with your favorite Super Hero squad. We’re excited to herald in the next generation of consoles on Marvel’s Avengers!
Marvel’s Avengers leverages the Smart Delivery technology – buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or on Xbox Series X|S. Marvel’s Avengers on Xbox Series X|S is available now!***
*One-time online access required for single-player campaign; online access required for multiplayer and to download post-launch content. Free Square Enix Members account required. Platform-specific online subscription fee may be required.
*Upgrading from the disk version will require the next-gen version of the same console with a disk drive.
**Credits that you purchase are useable on Xbox Series X|S Console version of Marvel’s Avengers. Please be aware that the Credit that you own is synced with your Microsoft account, and the wallet will be shared through both platforms.
- Marvel’s Avengers’ Red Room Takeover Prepares You for Black Widow
- Marvel’s Avengers Shows Off Red Room Takeover in Trailer
- A New Limited-Time Pokémon Sword And Shield Item Distribution Event Has Begun
- A New Limited-Time Pokémon Sword And Shield Beast Ball Distribution Has Begun
- A New Limited-Time Pokémon Sword And Shield Porygon-Z Distribution Event Has Begun
- The King of Fighters ALL STARS and Dead or Alive 6 crossover has officially begun | Articles
- The Call of Duty: Vanguard Teasing Has Officially Begun
- A New Limited-Time Pokémon Sword And Shield Coalossal Distribution Event Has Begun
- The Marvel’s Avengers Cosmic Cube Event Has Arrived
- Escape Room: Tournament of Champions review: horror that can’t escape its flaws