VLG publishing and developer imaginarylab have announced that the surprisingly-named Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town will be launching on Switch next week.
Said to be a great fit for fans of point-and-click classics like Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island, Willy Morgan offers “a modern take” on point-and-click games by having players pick up the usual clues and master puzzles in a fresh, 3D, pirate-themed world. You’ll be helping Willy discover details on his father’s mysterious disappearance, and hopefully enjoying the “hilarious dialogue, whimsical characters and charming cartoon graphics” throughout.
“10 years have passed since the mysterious disappearance of Willy’s father, the famous archaeologist Henry Morgan. After Willy receives a strange letter containing a cryptic message he heads on a perilous adventure to Bone Town, an unconventional place full of pirates and shady characters, to once and for all uncover the truth behind what happened to his father.”
– Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve stimulating puzzles.
– Unique graphic style – A fantastical world with a magical atmosphere.
– Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see.
– A pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers? Why not?!
– 15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs.
– Original soundtrack – More than two hours of original music.
The game’s launching on the Switch eShop on 8th June for £22.49; it arrived on Steam last summer and has received ‘very positive’ user reviews.
What do you think? Will you be keeping an eye out for this one? Tell us below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Pythonesque point-and-click adventure game The Procession to Calvary heading to Switch in July
- Top 25 best point-and-click adventure games on Android | Articles
- Point-and-click adventure sequel Beyond a Steel Sky coming to consoles this November • Eurogamer.net
- Puzzle RPG Bone Marrow hitting Switch this week
- New Smite Goddess: Morgan Le Fay Conjures Dark Magic Over the Battleground
- Jumanji: The Curse Returns announced for Switch
- Bone Marrow Console Edition Is Now Available For Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- There’s bone-crunching combat and flying kicks in this side-scrolling Viking revenge saga
- A bone-related Spirit Board event begins on Friday in Smash Ultimate
- Deathloop is the first Arkane game to actually click with me