Update: If you were hoping to back Elementallis before the Kickstarter comes to a close, you have a little over 24 hours to do just that. At present, the project has raised more than €90,000 and has met most of its stretch goals.
More info on the game can be found in our original article below.
Original Article (Mon 10th May, 2023 10:30 BST): With The Legend of Zelda being the super popular – and super good – series that it is, it’s hardly surprising that so many developers aim to create new experiences inspired by or based upon its gameplay. Elementallis is the latest title to do just that, and it’s just secured itself a release on Switch.
From indie developer Iván Ruiz Lozano, Elementallis is described as “a classic top-down adventure with a modernized retro aesthetic.” The game’s been generating funds on Kickstarter for around a week now, and with another 24 days still to go, it’s already gathered more than double its original €18,000 goal.
The Kickstarter page says that Elementallis is “mimicking the style and feel of classic 2D Zelda games,” and we’re certainly getting the Zelda vibes from the trailer above. Players can expect to explore a “vast” world, conquer dungeons, and restore ‘Elements’ to solve puzzles along the way.
“As a son of elementallists, you took part on the disruption of the Elements and now you’ll need to travel the world and restore them with the aid of your newly met Elemental. Explore the lands of Elregir, help its inhabitants, face enemies and strong bosses and solve puzzles in your quest to restore the Elements and bring back the world to its former balance.”
– Prove your worth in the 8 dungeons, full of puzzles, secrets, enemies and bosses.
– Use the Elements to fight, solve puzzles and uncover previously inaccessible areas in a metroidvania-esque style.
– Discover the 8 different biomes and help its inhabitants.
– Fight in real-time combat and defeat your foes using the Elements wisely to exploit their weaknesses.
– Experience a story about growth and overcoming guilt.
The game’s aiming for a June 2023 launch on Switch and other platforms; if you’d like to learn more or back the project, you can visit the Kickstarter page right here.
What do you think? Does Elementallis look like it has potential? Will you be backing the Kickstarter? Let us know in the comments.
Thanks to Joey for the tip!
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Cute Zelda-Like Cloudscape Smashes Its Kickstarter; Top Hat Studios To Publish For Consoles & PC
- “First commercial GBA game in 13 years” smashes Kickstarter target in less than a day • Eurogamer.net
- PS2, PS1 Wireless Pad Kickstarter Beats Pledge Goal with Time to Spare
- The Garden Path has peacefully smashed its Kickstarter campaign goal
- Stardew Valley meets Zelda-like Cloudscape has smashed its Kickstarter
- Dungeon-Crawling RPG Monomyth Gets Gameplay Trailer Ahead of Kickstarter Debut
- Impossible Isles is a daily map-like puzzler that’s completely free-to-play, out now on iOS and Android | Articles
- Guilty Gear Strive Smashes Through 500,000 Sales, First DLC Character Revealed Next Week
- Weapon-dating dungeon-crawler Boyfriend Dungeon is finally here • Eurogamer.net
- Father-son devs bring their open-world Stardew Valley-like to Kickstarter