Exploring immersive worlds is one of video games’ biggest draws, and by default, it’s always a fun activity (unless something goes disastrously wrong with the execution, which definitely happens some times). But there are some games out there that take that ubiquitous idea and implement it in unique ways, with fresh twists and new mechanics that give the experience a completely unique identity.
Games that go out of their way to make sure that exploration isn’t a straightforward, by-the-numbers activity aren’t exactly common, but the ones that do that stand out in memory that much more. Here, we’re going to talk about a few such games.
- Story-driven 2D action-exploration game Reina & Jericho coming to PS5 – PlayStation.Blog
- combat, exploration and PS5 features detailed – PlayStation.Blog
- Far Cry 6 Gameplay – Map Size & World Exploration
- Chill exploration game Sable gets September release date
- Bridge of Spirits Gameplay Showcases Exploration and Vibrant Environments
- System Shock Remake Shows off Exploration, Combat, and More in Lengthy Gameplay Trailer
- Exploration is at the Heart of Beasts of Maravilla Island
- Monark – Exploration, Combat and Event Systems Outlined in New Gameplay
- Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye Expands the Space Exploration Indie Hit This September
- Stray Blade Reveal Trailer Showcases Combat and Exploration, Releases 2023