Video games are measured by many things. Their visual presentation, the quality of the storytelling, audio, gameplay, and other things. But one aspect that sometimes isn’t given the attention it deserves if not being totally overlooked, is how immersive the game is.
Granted, not every game needs to care about immersion. Nobody plays Tetris so they can feel like an oddly-shaped block. And conversely, VR games have a huge advantage in that department because of… obvious reasons. That said, more story driven gaming experiences, or those that rely on their world-building and captivating nature to provide a fun experience are indeed reliant on how immersive they are.
As such, lots and lots of gamers are looking for games that they can get lost in. So, we think it’s time we take a look at some of those, particularly those that have recently been released, that gamers who value immersion should absolutely play.
- Sony Doesn’t Need To Have A New Show Or State Of Play Any Time Soon – And Fans Need To Come To Terms With That
- Resident Evil Full Story – EVERYTHING You Need To Know Before You Play Resident Evil Village
- Five Things You Need to Know Before You Play Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Pokemon UNITE – 13 Things You NEED To Know Before You Play
- 12 Best PC Ports of Great Console Games You NEED To Play
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered enters the Play List on EA Play later this month
- Hades Guide: How to Play and Everything You Need to Know
- Weird West is an immersive sim with shades of classic Fallout
- How Deathloop defies the immersive sim’s reliance on quick save
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution is still a great immersive sim