If you’re a big Among Us fan, you’re probably used to seeing your crewmates in the usual array of colors. But since Among Us is getting bigger lobbies with more players, the game needs more colors. Hence, the little tan bean has shown up, and this is a fun Easter egg if you’ve been following the development of Among Us.
Tan never made it into the game officially; the crewmate simply showed up in development streams in 2019. Tan could have been the 12th color in the game, but instead the developer went with Lime. You can still find Tan on the InnerSloth Discord server as an emoji, just hanging out.
Even though there’s nothing to Tan — or any of the crewmates, really — as a character, fans are still fond of them. The little bean crewmates have inspired a wave of fandom, with players coming up with little stories based on the color of a crewmate’s suit, or which hat they prefer. An egg hat definitely carries different vibes than a Viking helmet, after all.
More details on Among Us’ next update will be released at the Summer Game Fest on June 10.
Polygon – All
- Summer Game Fest 2022 Starts Before E3 2022
- The Waylanders New Summer Update Adds Pet Types for Ranger Class; Sneak Peek at Ranger Advanced Classes
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Summer Patch Sneak Peek Revealed
- Play 40 Xbox Game Demos Now As Part Of Summer Game Fest
- Live: Watch Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live Right Here
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Elden Ring highlight Summer Game Fest
- Our Second Summer Game Fest Demo Event Coming June 15 to an Xbox Near You
- Top RPG News Of The Week: June 13th (Ohhhh Elden Ring, Summer Game Fest 2022, Salt and Sacrifice and More!)
- [email protected] Summer Game Demo Fest Showcases 40 Games
- Summer Game Fest 2022 kicks off June 10