You no longer have a good excuse to turn your friends down for a round or eight of Among Us. Innersloth’s enormously popular subterfuge game is free via the Epic Games Store through June 3.
Each week, the Epic Games Store puts up a game for free. All you have to do is add it to your library and it’s yours, for good. Sometimes, these games are huge blockbusters (Civilization VI, Watch Dogs 2). Other times, they’re smaller fare about building utopian civilizations (Cities: Skylines, Surviving Mars). This time around, it’s a game about spacing your pals that costs five bucks.
Among Us first released in 2018. Last year, during the height of the covid-19 pandemic—and thanks to its prevalence among the streamer set—it rocketed in popularity. Mainstream outlets like The New York Times and Insider wrote it up. U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez streamed the game, for crying out loud. At the end of the year, Among Us scored several honors at the 2023 Game Awards.
But some of us—yes, I’m guilty as charged—have somehow yet to give it a whirl. Hey, better late than never, right?
- Little Nightmares is currently free to keep on Steam
- Life is Strange dev’s acclaimed supernatural mystery thriller Tell Me Why is currently free • Eurogamer.net
- Sonic Mania Is Currently Available for Free on the Epic Games Store
- Sonic Mania is currently free on the Epic Games Store • Eurogamer.net
- Yooka-Laylee and Void Bastards are currently free on the Epic Games Store • Eurogamer.net
- Oh, Hey, I Just Got Back From An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs
- Destiny players and Bungie are currently at war over spoiler culture
- Who is Samantha Samsung, the currently popular online character?
- New Hakuouki OVA Currently in Production
- CD Projekt Red Are Currently In the Process of Relisting Cyberpunk 2077 on Playstation Store