AMD is certainly taking its time to bring FidelityFX Super Resolution to the market. However, the little we know about the tech (that its cross-platform, likely shader-based, and will work on consoles) is nothing but good news for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S owners.
If FidelityFX Super Resolution is easy to implement and delivers a genuine boost to image quality, it could be the transformative “secret sauce” that’ll help this generation of consoles stay relevant as performance-sapping ray-tracing becomes more and more important.
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Preview Included in Microsoft Game Dev Kit for Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One
- The Elder Scrolls Online is Adding Dynamic Resolution Scaling and a New HDR Mode on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
- Windows 11 for Gaming – What Does It Mean For The Players?
- Microsoft testing higher resolution Xbox Series X dashboard • Eurogamer.net
- Far Cry 6 has fairly reasonable PC specs, and it supports AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
- how does PS5 compare to Xbox Series X? • Eurogamer.net
- AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution coming June 22
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution tested: big fps wins
- DOTA 2 Adds AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Support In New Update
- AMD points to Nvidia to optimize FidelityFX Super Resolution for GeForce