Larian Studios and Baldur’s Gate is a match made in heaven, and people have been waiting to see the full launch of Baldur’s Gate 3 with fervent anticipation. The RPG launched in early access in October of 2024, giving players the chance to play a very meaty chunk of the game, and Larian have also been updating the early access version with some major additions since then- but when can we expect a full launch?
Speaking to GameSpot, Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke confirmed that Baldur’s Gate 3 is definitely not leaving early access in 2024.
“We are really trying to get the game done by next year,” Vincke said. “It’s not gonna release this year for sure. But we’re working very hard on getting everything in there. But it’s a very big game, and it deserves to have development time.”
That said, even 2024 is not guaranteed to see a full launch for Baldur’s Gate 3. Vincke went on to explain that 2024 is the target and it’s something the team is working toward, before then talking about some of the production challenges that they’ve had to deal with due to remote working, and how they have made things somewhat unpredictable.
“We will be happy if we can manage to release it next year, yes,” he said. “We’re aiming for it, [but] there’s no guarantees. We’re definitely aiming for it. We took a big setback, especially in everything that was related to motion capture and voice acting during the crisis. So that’s taken time, and also teams working together is harder. But now, slowly, hopefully, the world is getting in a better place we’re starting to be able to pick up speed again, so yeah. But we still have a lot of work. It’s not as if we’re done yet, it’s a big game.”
And what about potential releases on the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S? Well, that’s something Vincke chose to remain tight-lipped about, cheekily saying, “You’re gonna have to roll a d20 on that.”
Earlier this year, just a couple of months ago in fact, Vincke had similar things to say about how much work there is still left on the game before its full launch, so this doesn’t come as too much of a surprise. Meanwhile, Vincke has also previously said that when Baldur’s Gate 3 launches in full, its early access content will also have significant story changes. Read more on that through here.
Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides | GamingBolt
- Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t leave Early Access this year ‘for sure’
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Not Leaving Early Access Before 2024; Patch 5, Early Access Development and More
- Hell Let Loose set to leave Early Access in July
- Feudal city builder Medieval Dynasty will leave Early Access this fall
- The most ambitious American Civil War game is set to leave Early Access
- GTFO leaving Early Access this year, getting Rebirth://EXTENDED update
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance Switch Release Had “Issues” According to Developer
- DnD: Baldur’s Gate 3 developer Larian adds a new studio
- Forza Horizon 5 Developer Shells Out More Information On The Game, Confirms Drag Races, Convertibles, and More
- Baldur’s Gate 3 studio “trying to get the game done by next year,” but there are no guarantees