After months of waiting, the next entry in the Battlefield franchise has leaked in its entirety hours before the reveal trailer is set to drop. It is called Battlefield 2042, and will launch for both PlayStation 5 and PS4 on 15th October 2023. The game heads to the near future, the year 2042 to be precise. That is if the title didn’t already give it away. Key art for the title and screenshots are viewable below.
The leak comes via Reddit, with the site sharing details that were uploaded to the Origin website ahead of time. A description of Battlefield 2042 is as follows: “U.S.A. and Russia stand at the brink of war. Proxy wars have waged for decades, generating experienced but displaced combat veterans. These Specialists use their skills to shape the future — a future worth fighting for.”
It will have seven new maps that support up to 128 players, from “Seoul’s cities to Egypt’s deserts, every map offers a unique experience based on the natural environment”. A new Specialist system allows you to pick from four different classes, each with its own Specialty and Trait, while weapons, vehicles, and gadgets are all fully customisable. You can even “summon a robotic dog built for battle, employ a grappling hook or don your very own wingsuit”.
There will be an open beta, a Year 1 Pass complete with Battle Passes, and three editions to choose from: Standard, Gold, and Ultimate. While the information isn’t confirmed at the time of writing, the leak absolutely looks legit, with high-resolution screenshots and all. We think it’s very safe to say this is all the real deal. We’ll update this article once the reveal trailer drops later today too.
What do you make of all this information? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Battlefield 2042 launches October 22 on PS4 and PS5: first details – PlayStation.Blog
- Futuristic Battlefield 2042 Out In October, Supports 128 Players
- Battlefield 2042 Doesn’t Have a Single Player Campaign on PS5, PS4
- Battlefield 4 server capacity increased to deal with players hyped for Battlefield 2042
- Server capacity increased for Battlefield 4 due to influx of players following Battlefield 2042 reveal
- The next Battlefield will reportedly be called Battlefield 2042
- EA increases Battlefield 4 server capacity after Battlefield 2042 reveal sparks player spike • Eurogamer.net
- New Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Trailer Shows How You Can Build Your Own Battlefield With Portal
- Battlefield 2042 – Battlefield 4 Character Returns in “Exodus” Short Film
- Bots Will Pad Out Battlefield 2042’s 128 Player PS5 Servers